Help!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2009 :  22:36:00  Show Profile
i have a four month old corn snake and he hasnt kept his last two pinkies down. One or two days after i have fed him i find a pinkie in his viv that he has either pooed or regurguated (im not sure which as i haven't seen him do it). The pinkie smells rotten and is still complete. any suggestions, im starting to worry!
Thanks

cumbrian eejit
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2009 :  22:39:54  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address
how long between the two feeds?, leave him for at least 10 days without trying to feed, and if poss. get some reptovite for in his water, its a bit like lucozade but for reps. If after 10 days you feed him and he regurgs again I would advise you to seek a vet.
Also, are you leaving him for two days after a feed? as this can cause regurgs too.
hope this helps, scott.

lost track of the day's now, but I'm getting my amel stripe corn on the 2nd of August!!!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2009 :  22:52:36  Show Profile
i was advised to feed him every four days so that is what i have been doin and i have left him after his feed and not disturbed him so it cant be that! hope its not too serious
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2009 :  23:02:00  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
also check you temps if they are low they cant digest

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2009 :  23:03:21  Show Profile
thee temp is at about 30 during the day and 25 at night. Is this suitable?
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2009 :  23:04:07  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Ema

i was advised to feed him every four days so that is what i have been doin and i have left him after his feed and not disturbed him so it cant be that! hope its not too serious

feed evry 5 days nomally but as above leave for ten days. then try. feeding evry 4 days may be the reason for the regurge.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2009 :  23:34:59  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
i wouldnt bother droping the temps at night,try just keeing them constant,as long as you have a cool end it's fine.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2009 :  23:57:00  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
how's the heat controlled? and what heating are you using?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

253 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  11:25:24  Show Profile
Yea 4days does seem abit much as i feel Noodle every week sometimes i go 9 or 10days

0.0.1 Amelanistic Corn 'Noodle'
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon 'Bowser'
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier 'Remo'

''The Devil is a loser and he's my B*tch!''
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

29 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  12:43:33  Show Profile
Mine has not had a feed since I got him 9 days ago and he hadn't had a feed for a week before that. I am thinking of taking him back to the pet shop so he can give him the once over.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

35 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  17:50:51  Show Profile
barios dont panic thei are not long periods for snakey, someone will be along soon enuf with better advice than i can give but at the mo he sounds pretty normal to me .

1.1.0 amel.."andy" ..caramel??... "sarah"?
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  18:32:17  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Barios

Mine has not had a feed since I got him 9 days ago and he hadn't had a feed for a week before that. I am thinking of taking him back to the pet shop so he can give him the once over.

check your temps are correct. pack out the viv/faun with loads of hides vines tissue rolls. and then leave your snake completely alone for 7 days only going into the viv to change the water every 1 or 2 days. then feed on the 7th day with a pinky if it is a baby corn. offer it in the viv.(lay tissue down if using any sort of wood substrate.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000