New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2009 :  17:04:20  Show Profile
As title suggests; we were running around the field last night, and he fell over on a stone and it was bleeding quite bad.

Me and Dad washed his feet down and it stopped that night.

After his trek this morning it started bleeding, his fur was a little bit red but not as bad as last night.

This evening we had a play in the lounge, he was chasing his rope toy and he yipped and started limping!

any ideas? our friend to wash him twice to prevent infection but what happens if it gets worse? Is there a point before we go to the vets?
He's insured btw.

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2009 :  20:12:14  Show Profile
im no expert but i have 3 dogs myself so ive been in this situation. What i did was put pressure on it, if it continues bleeding then bandage. What i would say is let him rest it, and skip on a few walks for the mean time, as it may cause him pain and he could get infected going out with a wound. If it doesnt get better, or you see signs of an infection then i would take him to the vet

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons

Edited by - n/a on 30/05/2009 20:13:17
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2009 :  21:14:12  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Also, in regards cleaning it just give it the standard anti-bac clean. (tcp or whatever is the norm nowadays), then keep an eye on it.

Dogs have some weird natural healing enzymes in their sliva, so he'll start licking it when it starts itching, which is a good sign that he's starting to recover.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  17:46:24  Show Profile
Sorry, forgot about this thread. Well the vet took it off last week, and the lampshade has now been binned, after crashing into everything.

It was rather funny, with the D.I.Y bandage mind; seening hip hopping around. He got nicknamed "the crippled rat" for a while.
Now it's either rat or "weasel diesel"

edit:/ He is all good now.

Edited by - hillzi on 07/06/2009 17:47:29
Go to Top of Page

muppet9976
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  18:52:49  Show Profile  Click to see muppet9976's MSN Messenger address
aww, but at least he is better or getting better now.

1.0.0 Amel Corn - Fluffy!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000