HELP blood streaks in tank?!?!?!?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  22:46:41  Show Profile
Hi this is my first post!! Well we picked a adult corn (she is 8 yrs we think) up a couple of weeks ago and she was due for shedding and had pooed inside her shed and it had become hard and crusted to her! WE got told she does this quite regular. She shed a few days ago and we found a streak of blood inside her tank, we checked her over and realised a scale had been partly ripped off right next to her bum and think it happened with her shed! Anyway she seemed fine and we bathed her and she feeds really well and seems really settled, but we have just noticed another streak of blood in tank and are getting quite concerned now! Has anyone any advice on what to do please? We really cant see any blood on her so we are just presuming its coming from scale but may even be coming from bum! We really bought her to breed but if she cant even poo properly we don't see how she can have eggs Any help would be great,

thanks vic & jim

n/a
deleted

74 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  22:53:11  Show Profile
Hi, jim & vic,

In my personal opinion, i would take her to the vets ASAP. it dont sound to good, just take her 2 the vets, 2 get her checked over. Keep us posted. Hope she is ok.

Quib :)

0.0.1 Snow Corn- Xavier
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  09:44:55  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
is she still bleeding now? i heard that under stress corns can bleed whilst pooing. its summat to do with tensions in their bowel how true this is im not sure i read it in a book but tbh im not trusting the book that much.

anyway a trip to the vets may be in order. just be sure unless someone knows better (which a lot of ppl here do )

keep us posted mate
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  20:08:48  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
if it's a ripped scale then best off seeing a vet, they can supply you with something like Tamodine and prescribed antibiotics if necessary.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000