New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

misspiggy18
Hatchling

United Kingdom
143 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  23:09:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its so frustrating the breeder im buying my corn from has said they will hatch in the next week or so and they should be ready to sell by sept but the wait is killing me god only knows how i will feel when i get him then have to wait a week to hold him any advice guys im needing it!!!

2.0.0 corn snakes (Vinnie and Leo)
1.1.0 cats ( jayda and thomas)

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  23:12:10  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I really don't know how to help..!
I couldn't bare it either!
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  23:13:40  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Is the breeder near you, could you visit and maybe do some bonding?

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

jessejamez666
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  23:51:03  Show Profile  Visit jessejamez666's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ooft!!! September!!!!
All I can say is it's worth the wait,they are amazing creatures,we got our first in January and had a month wait before hand in order to get funds to do it correctly!!
All the best and keep us updated

Beetlejuice and Chewie

1.0.0 Normal-Beetlejuice
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon-Chewie
1.0.0 Kingsnake-Booga
1.0.0 Royal Python- Pilsbury
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  02:56:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not surprised you are feeling frustrated Amy....but, as Jessejamez said - it is worth the wait!!

I know it seems a long time from when they hatch to when you can take your snake home, but it is vital as you need to be sure that your little baby is feeding and shedding properly....so not only is it worth the wait, the wait is necessary.

If the breeder is near you then you could certainly try and arrange to go and have a look, maybe a handle if the breeder feels it is suitable (although even if you are allowed to do this it doesnt let you out of the one-week no handling rule once you do get it !!)

I know this is a lot easier to type than do....but just be patient and use the time to make sure you are as prepared as possible - that you have everything you need and that you get it up and running a week before it comes home....so you can deal with any problems and get everything working smoothly. Also use the time to use us....any queries you have search and ask if you cant find the answer.

And use us to get your daily dose of corn, until you have your own one at home - not as good as the real thing of course but better than nothing !

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

143 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2010 :  21:34:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are you getting a specific morph from the breeder? is that why you are buying from the breeder and waiting ages? i am terrible, i saw my little one in a shop, after trying to talk the husband into allowing a snake in the house, as soon as he okay'd it, i went and bought him lol. i cant wait, i'm such a big kid...

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2010 :  21:36:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have been waiting since last september to get my royal that i am getting on sunday. i then want to get another corn in september or something but thats a maybe

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000