Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2010 :  03:27:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At last....the wait is over ! Does he have a name yet?

His behaviour sounds totally normal and that of a confident snake ....immediately searching for an escape route ! Love the fact that he has become arboreal , but I am sure he is down exploring the ground when you are fast asleep. I cant believe you got to see him drink while hanging upside down , lots of owners havent even seen their snakes drink normally.

I did wonder when I saw your fantastic viv set up about how you were going to find him to catch him, know what Silvesta was like when I first got him....used to cause chaos in the viv trying to get him out!

And the fact that he has decided that his favourite place is the cheap plant rather than anything you have spent real money on is typical corn sense of humour !

Hope his shed goes well, no reason why it shouldnt. Are his eyes still cloudy? If not then hopefully he should shed during this hands-off week. If you think this hands-off week is frustrating, you just wait until you have had a chance to get used to handling him and then have to wait for the 48hrs after a feed and the 'blue' period before he sheds if you decide not to handle....took Silvesta over 2 weeks last shed, so 2 weeks without handling him ! Think its even worse when you know what it is you are missing.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

clintham
Hatchling

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2010 :  09:54:12  Show Profile  Visit clintham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
he does have a name, chosen by my wife - Cassius

seeing him drinking upside down was amazing, thinking about it, it must be hard to drink upside down!

finding him isnt too bad, my led lights help ALOT. i will struggle to get him out a bit i think, but i would rather stuggle a bit and him be totally happy with his new surroundings and be totally unstressed. i will make sure to give him plenty of warning as i go to get him out! i can see him giggling at me as he snuggles in at the top of his cheap vine lol

im hoping he will shed before friday. thats the end of his settling in period. his eyes arent cloudy anymore so im hoping its gunna happen anytime now. dont know how long hes been blue for as he was already in blue when i picked him up from crazyJJ.

Cornsnakes 1.0.0 Cassius, Carolina, CB-22/07/10
Dogs 1.0.0 - Gorman, Black Labrador

Location Lincoln UK
My Photography http://lewiscarrington.deviantart.com/gallery
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2010 :  19:00:39  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
think he was in shed for about 3 days ish but cant remember sowi :D

glad he enjoyin his new viv though :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000