Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dexter
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  20:37:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

Dexter has just finished his 7 day settle in period. The little blighter hide for the first 5 days and didn't even show his nose.

Came home on Sunday to find a nice complete shed in his viv. So first shed out of the way . Now I can see he is actually an amel motley, was beginning to think he might be snow as he was so light and colourless. Now the shed's out of the way he's started looking for an escape route.

Weird coincidence with his shed is that his last was on 08/09/10 and this one on 10/10/10. If his next is on 12/11/10 i'm gonna freak.

After a little snake juggling to get him into his feeding RUB he fed with no problems. As soon as he touched the pinkie that was it. Open wide and swallow.

So are there any more firsts waiting for me?

Another 2 day wait now and then I can start handling him.

Just posted a pic over in the photo section.
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12383

0.0.1 Amel Motley (Dexter)

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  20:38:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
seems you have had a few firsts, here's one to look forward to first bite

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2010 :  02:50:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That really is an amazing first week Andy !

To have him shed for you so now you can see his true colours is great....and he has such gorgeous colours! I love the unique patterning.

And for him to feed so well first time is also good news. Its always a relief to get the first feed out of the way....I know from experience as it took Kellog 13 weeks after I got him before he took his first meal , thats when I found this forum and discovered that he was horny ! When he finally ate I was shocked, scared, excited, relieved.... And it sounds like you have a good feeder there as well !

As for first still to come, Gmac is right about the first bite although I am still waiting for that and I have had my corns for over 18 months. You have your first handle coming up soon (and well done for feeding first and then handling, best way round I think)....and when you do that first handling you may have your other first, being christened with a corn 'gift'....being pooed on ....its happened to most of us, so be prepared!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2010 :  10:19:40  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Kellog beat me to it....you have to be 'pooed' on!! Have some kitchen roll handy.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000