Viv Stack Blueprints
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2011 :  22:13:09  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Been working on the design of a viv stack that I plan to build in summer. Also I think I have finalised a wishlist of snakes that I may collect over the next few years, Obviously when I have my own place ill have 5+ of these viv stacks .

So here it is, just wanted to see what you guys think, and any advice on building it (baring in mind im fairly good with my hands), and also what ya think of my wishlist.

So the viv stack will have (approx sizes)-
x3 - 48x18x12inch
x2 - 23x18x12inch
x1 - 48x18x18inch
and a 45x45x60cm Exo Terra on the side

So ive set my self a limit of 3 snakes this year, (getting them Aug/Sep). First on my list is a Irian Jaya Carpet Python, ive just fallen in love with them, also probs a Anery Lavender Corn, the third will be whatever I fall for at the time.

I will probs be getting hatchies, so obviously they will be in smaller RUB's to start with, but at least Arthas will have a bigger home to move into (don't worry ill pack it out with a lot of decor, I know 4ft is big).

Why am I putting myself through the agony of waiting so long you might ask, well I need time to save up without tuching my savings, and I figured as im going away for a month in july, it wouldn't be a good idea leaving new additions with a family member who doesnt know how to care for them. And a few more months of reasearch won't do any harm, the Tree Boa has only just been added to the wishlist so more info is needed.

Well thats it, now just gotta wait, ill prob start building it before then knowing me.

Chris

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *

Kat
Hatchling

United Kingdom
119 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2011 :  22:45:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking nice! I've been looking at stacks and I'm now trying to persuade OH that it's worth getting more snakes just so that I can have a nice viv stack

0.0.1 Amel (Omari)
1.1 Leopard Geckos (Tychondrious and Cleopatra)
0.2 Chocolate Labs (Millie and Lucy) 0.1 Weimaraner (Suzi)
1.0 Cat (Thomas)
2.1 Children plus 1.0 squatting nephew
no more Bovines
and 1.0 husband!
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  02:32:57  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
48x18 inch vivs would be a massive size for the average corn, even kingsnakes. Unless the snakes are quite massive in size anyway, I'd try to drop that to about 36x18. Although the difficulty you'd have there is that the lowest one for the carpet could then end up being to small.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  05:56:50  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
An depending on what carpet python u go for that will be to small anyway. Jungle/Coastal would ideally need more than that

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  17:38:53  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'd try to drop that to about 36x18.

Thanks Kehhlyr, i came up with a new plan straight away, the stack is actually two on top of each other, so the bottom one i would keep 4ft, with the viv above split in two. Then the top stack id reduce to 36inch, giving me 3 corn/king sized vivs.

a33272 - I will be getting the smallest the Irian Jaya.

Edit - Here it is-

Chris

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *

Edited by - Callazagy on 21/03/2011 18:32:28
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000