Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LynneM_212
Hatchling

United Kingdom
236 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2011 :  20:51:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys.....

Got Valentine out tonight because he has been extremly quiet the past few days... hiding and hasnt been for a poo yet he was fed last thursday!!

So..... i thought he was in shed typical things like eyes and skin ... here have a look these were taken a few days ago...

But then tonight when i got him out... his eyes are normal and his skin is bright..... I have checked his viv and even dug my hands in and i couldnt feel a skin ...???

Also when i got him out there was a huge lump under his neck... sujprisingly it reduced in size quite quickly but it kept coming and going just slightly.... am i being silly and he is still in shed?? oorrr is he sick ..??

So heres the pics of him tonight..

as you can see very bright...

and then heres the lump... which isnt as big as when i first got him out??

hope you can help guys.. because its been one of those days for me and my family dont seem to care !!!

**mod edit - Sig removed, too high. Please see http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15428 for more info***

Edited by - gmac on 29/03/2011 22:11:04

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2011 :  20:59:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know about the lump but remember the guide to shedding I posted, it shows that they go back to normal a few days before they shed!

He will most likely shed in a couple of days so don't worry.

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2011 :  21:30:50  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wait till he sheds bear in mind when they go through blue it is basically the separation of the old an new skin etc So may explain the double chin he's got

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2011 :  21:55:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its just looks like the old shed holding out the loose skin of the throat. Shed is on its way it will regain its springyness then I'm sure.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

LynneM_212
Hatchling

United Kingdom
236 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  07:57:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i actually calmed down today... and realised how stupid i am being ... your right ... he has had the typical signs as you see of a shed ... so thats most deff whats happening, i wish he would hurry up im always sooo nervous when they are i shed for some reason lol.... thanks guys !!! :)

1 corn snake: Kchalice-Serendipity
2 dogs: Kane and chester
1 C0ckatill: Rolo
1 gold fish: chips
2 Cats : Max and Jess

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  09:40:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your not been stupid, its only stupid to have something that worries you and not say anything and snakes are put on this planet to worry us, we still love them for it but they like to keep us on our toes.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  10:03:28  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you're not being stupid at all xxx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

LynneM_212
Hatchling

United Kingdom
236 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  11:02:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awww thanks thats sooo kind.... i suppose if didnt worry about my little snakies i probably shouldnt have them ... soo even though i hate worrying.. i will keep it up lol because i cant help it .... i think i worry so much because they cant talk or even act... dogs can give you signs... snakes cant ... not really.. well not as clearly as other pets..... so it is just learning i suppose!! i am just pleased that this forum exists lol!!

1 corn snake: Kchalice-Serendipity
2 dogs: Kane and chester
1 C0ckatill: Rolo
1 gold fish: chips
2 Cats : Max and Jess

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000