New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hanxa
Egg

United Kingdom
54 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2012 :  15:40:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right now, my babies are babies and are in a small terrenium which is probably a tab big as it is. It is sat in the rather large viv that takes up a whole corner of the room :p

I'm planning ahead for the future viv set-up as I will have to get the stuff over time and spread the cost a little. I was looking into the naturalistic vivariums, and my partner is also keen on the idea, but I'm wondering about the humidity in them.

Or should I stick with aspen bedding and use dead wood/fake plants?

Also, I've read that people still use heat mats with the BAS... but surely the substrate is too thick for any heat mat to be effective, and also I wonder about moisture getting into the mat etc...

So what are people's thoughts - I have plenty of time. I just want to make sure that, by the time they are ready, I have everything set up for them.

1.0.0 Carolina - Aspen
1.0.0 Charcoal - Shadow

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2012 :  18:34:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
humidity for corns is pretty much the same as it is hear so they don't require anything special. aspen beech etc is fine as a substrate, in vivs you'll put the heat mat inside the vev with a literal scattering of substrate so its graded to be thick at the other end for burrowing etc... don't worry bout the heat mat. they are all (or should be) heat sealed in plastic to make them waterproof incase of water spillage or the snakes toileting. just so long as the mat is statted to prevent burnt snakes

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000