Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  17:58:21  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just thought I'd pop these up, since a lot of egg slug pictures are not normally as bright orange/yellow and seem more off white compared to these, might be helpful to someone at some point.

I put in a lay box for her, but I guess she really loves her snake cave filled with aspen. Were 5 but I chucked one before taking the picture. They are really small yet so very hard.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  18:12:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they are bad,how many good eggs did she lay?

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  18:17:08  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kev 5

None, didn't put her with a male, she hans't been with a male for about 3 years.

Edited by - Sta~ple on 13/05/2012 18:17:30
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  19:02:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
must hurt laying them if they're harder than fertile ones

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  19:18:14  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
they also dont have the liquid on them that sticks them so they pass dry as well as being harder

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  19:27:54  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm not kidding, the first one was as soild as a rock. Just hoping that is all of them althugh its hard to feel since they ae smaller than fertile eggs.

Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  19:38:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc_sg

they also dont have the liquid on them that sticks them so they pass dry as well as being harder

Ouch, poor girl!

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  20:46:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never realised that the infertile ones might be harder to pass. Poor snakey, I hope there aren't any more :(

Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  21:43:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:
Originally posted by kev 5

None, didn't put her with a male, she hans't been with a male for about 3 years.

hope she is o.k and recovers quickly

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2012 :  11:36:41  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awww Stapey. I really feel for you right now. I really hope that she is done and that there are no more hidden away. I found that when I had connie out, I could feel the eggs by holding her up slightly as she slid back into her viv while gently pressing one finger along her belly. How many has she laid before?

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2012 :  13:12:22  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

Awww Stapey. I really feel for you right now. I really hope that she is done and that there are no more hidden away. I found that when I had connie out, I could feel the eggs by holding her up slightly as she slid back into her viv while gently pressing one finger along her belly. How many has she laid before?

I can't feel any but I'm not sure if its because the eggs are small, but she has eaten which is good. She had 11 or 13 slugs last year, which was a smaller number than the 15 the year before that, just hoping the umbers are getting smaller each year till she has none.

Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2012 :  16:59:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

I can't feel any but I'm not sure if its because the eggs are small, but she has eaten which is good. She had 11 or 13 slugs last year, which was a smaller number than the 15 the year before that, just hoping the umbers are getting smaller each year till she has none.

hopefully so,must be a pain

Go to Top of Page

Cazzy
Hatchling

105 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2012 :  22:24:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was just wondering why are they called slugs? and do all females have this "problem" (couldnt think of a better word!!) or lay infertile eggs is a better way of putting it?!!

1.0.0 Ultramel anery- Gonzo
1.0.0 Royal python- conan
0.1.0 Rottweiler- Bonnie
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  12:52:38  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Spoke too soon, theres about 5 more, one the size of a pea, I'm not kidding! Will have to take a piccy at some point. Shes gone into shed, she has another egg right at her vent though!

Don't think all females do it Cazzy.

Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  13:00:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hope she's allright after all this

Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  14:11:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck Stapey :)

Go to Top of Page

Cazzy
Hatchling

105 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  14:47:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww bless her

1.0.0 Ultramel anery- Gonzo
1.0.0 Royal python- conan
0.1.0 Rottweiler- Bonnie
Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  17:03:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww i really feel for her, my snake laid a double clutch last year (did not breed her twice she just laid them) and the second batch came out half calcified and half see through and some of these were hard like you stated above none of them were fertile though

Tasha
______
4.0.0 - Corns - Hypo-Lavender (Lucifer), Bubblegum Snow (Houdini), Striped Carolina (Sarafino) and Black Cat (Ralphie)
0.2.0 - Corns - Anertheristic (Valentina), Lavender (Aiyana), Lavender (Di-nixi)
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  21:17:12  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Shes had a bath and I will leave her be, if not laid by tomorrow it will be the vets for her friday/saturday :( it's less than a cm away from her vent, when I touch her she makes a noise like shes in pain :( hopefully she will pass it but the fact she is in shed seems to suggets she thinks shes laid all her eggs.

Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  21:48:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hope everything turns out to be o.k

Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  23:41:11  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hope she passes it and she is ok

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000