Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  18:52:48  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much. ^^ I see Chestnut on the list as well but I'm guessing it is like wood? The wood itself is fine but everything else is a no.

Do you know about apple of any other fruit carrying tree by any chance?

I can't wait to go dog walking now :p I'm going to have trouble deciding which branches to use for snakes and which ones for the chickens to use.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  15:10:05  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=17+1913&aid=1612

Bump for handy link above.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  15:30:14  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing that's just the leaves? Cause aren't those reptile Java branches made from coffee trees? And Coffee is on the list

Thanks for the link though, may try and go stick hunting again

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  16:02:17  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:
Originally posted by Ninja

Damn, Marijuana is poisonous? Wouldnt have minded growing it with my CS :( ... :p

Then grow it in a nice heated and lit greenhouse like I do then. .

Much more space in one of those.

They do well in the garden too! LOL

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  16:19:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I'm guessing that's just the leaves? Cause aren't those reptile Java branches made from coffee trees? And Coffee is on the list

I THINK theyr'e made of bamboo root, least I think so??
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  16:40:49  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I THINK theyr'e made of bamboo root, least I think so??

I'm sure they are from Coffee trees :/ I've got a coffe tree would in mine that I bought from a reptile shop... At least, I'm sure it's coffee I know you can get bamboo ones but it's def not a bamboo one.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  16:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i thought the javav branches were banana tree roots? or am i just being...

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  16:59:52  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Google says: Coffee. I have seen Bamboo ones though but they are in a different shape.

http://www.peregrine-livefoods.co.uk/Hardware/java_wood_products.htm

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

110 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  23:07:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be a good idea to make this a sticky great info personally ive got plastic plants better save than sorry but it has opened my eyes on more plants to use though, all my branches in the snake tanks are from my pear and plum tree in my garden so I know they are safe
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  23:29:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Google isn't always right though.
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2010 :  22:53:38  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As with most reptile based stuff, it's generic for ALL reptiles, not specific ones.
The info about the foliage being toxic would affect plant eating lizards AND meat eating snakes, but has a much lower chance of causing illness with a snake because they don't eat green stuff as part of their staple diet.

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2011 :  17:58:24  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Great post Kehhlyr.

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

Wendy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
44 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2011 :  23:06:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

[quote]Originally posted by Ninja

Damn, Marijuana is poisonous? Wouldnt have minded growing it with my CS :( ... :p

Then grow it in a nice heated and lit greenhouse like I do then. .

Much more space in one of those.

Haha now I know why neighbours were asking questions, my tortoises use the greenhouse for shelter, and after and before hibernation, and until the natural temps get high enough for them they have uvb heating bulbs installed, :-)

Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  15:27:35  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Can you buy ready made logs etc ?
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  16:00:22  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A few rep shops have 'pre-prepared' logs and bits of wood.
But with all stuff from a rep shop, I'd give it a disinfect just in case before using it.

Go to Top of Page

kopite_di
Hatchling

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  16:07:43  Show Profile  Click to see kopite_di's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
:) thanks cos I'm really lazy and if i can buy ready made rather than actually go looking all the better ;) xx
Go to Top of Page

Crackerly
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  23:27:34  Show Profile  Click to see Crackerly's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Noooooooooo spent all day cleaning up some fruit tree wood ie elderberry and now i find its toxic.

Soaking in chlorine solution weak.

Please let me know if safe or not although I spent a lot of time I'm not going to risk my snake. It does say leaves, shoots and bark and all those have been removed!!! Sanded smooth!!!

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  01:34:55  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Generally it's the oils or saps that come from it that can cause issues, and again the risk is great for animals that may try to eat any of the foliage as well.
If it's well dried out and well cleaned/disinfected then I wouldn't have thought it'd cause an issue.

Go to Top of Page

Crackerly
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  13:40:16  Show Profile  Click to see Crackerly's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Generally it's the oils or saps that come from it that can cause issues, and again the risk is great for animals that may try to eat any of the foliage as well.
If it's well dried out and well cleaned/disinfected then I wouldn't have thought it'd cause an issue.

Thanks that's what I needed to hear!

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  16:26:51  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Obviously stil don't take that as complete gospel, I am no expert in what woods can and can't cause issues with reptiles.
I'm going from my experience with using woods that are classed as toxic to reptiles.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000