Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2012 :  23:32:49  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
Plenty of places do live food by post, an stock up with months worth of frozen at a time from else where.

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2012 :  16:24:12  Show Profile

[/quote]

do P@h even sell mice? swallow is a long way to go for a quick food trip. about the same as me going to betta.
[/quote]

Yes they do, but they don't have a freezer to help yourself so you need to ask a staff member to get them for you. I bought some fuzzies from them last week for the first time and was impressed with them, not bent or bashed up looking like some I've bought from other places

Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2012 :  16:41:32  Show Profile
Their sizes vary loads tho. X

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

343guiltyspark
Hatchling

United Kingdom
451 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2012 :  16:47:26  Show Profile  Visit 343guiltyspark's Homepage
What shop is it so I know not to get stuff from it?

Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2012 :  16:49:03  Show Profile
We can't name the shop. X

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

McLaren90
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2012 :  17:00:47  Show Profile
i visited this pet shop (if its the one i think it is) last week and they had a dead tortoise in one of their tanks that had obv been dead for at least 2 days (eyes missing, skin peeling off) and they werent even fussed, they had an amel labelled and an anery, their fake plants are the only reasonalbly priced thing!

dont even get me started on their wide range of dead fish.....

1.1.0 - Amel Corn
1.1.0 - Anery B Corn
0.2.0 - Carolina Corn
1.3.2 - Tortoises
0.1.0 - Blue Tongue Skink
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2012 :  17:24:10  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by McLaren90

i visited this pet shop (if its the one i think it is) last week and they had a dead tortoise in one of their tanks that had obv been dead for at least 2 days (eyes missing, skin peeling off) and they werent even fussed, they had an amel labelled and an anery, their fake plants are the only reasonalbly priced thing!

dont even get me started on their wide range of dead fish.....

oh yeah when i was in there last my sister saw a guy drop a whole bag of fish scattered onto the floor and he just was picking them up throwing them into the tank.. you are quite local to me so im guessing it is the same shop.

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Leopard gecko (Meg)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons
Wish list - Chinese water dragon, Tegu! Rainbow boa!

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2012 :  19:42:33  Show Profile
Subject aside slightly for a second there needs to be a clarification of the rules on naming shops, its not mentioned in the forum guidelines and describing personal experience also does not break the guidelines.

Even on this post there is a double standard of the local shop having its name censored and yet allowing Pets at Home to be named over and over again.

After the issue recently in a similar post resulting in a member leaving the forum it might just be a good idea to make it very clear what is and is not allowed.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2012 :  20:04:22  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Subject aside slightly for a second there needs to be a clarification of the rules on naming shops, its not mentioned in the forum guidelines and describing personal experience also does not break the guidelines.

Even on this post there is a double standard of the local shop having its name censored and yet allowing Pets at Home to be named over and over again.

After the issue recently in a similar post resulting in a member leaving the forum it might just be a good idea to make it very clear what is and is not allowed.

The differance is saying p@h doesn't identify a individual store does it, its just a national name. Saying p@h oxford is differant, an from what I can see p@h hasn't been slagged off anywhere in this thread.

Naming an shaming is a nono on any forum, ya playing with someones lively hood. How would u like it if who you work for or ya own business was being slagged off on forums seen by the public.

If someones got a problem with a specific shop they need to speak to the manager slagging them off on a forum does nothing. Look what happened on the other one it got back to the shop owner an he came here to confront people bad mouthing him......

The person that asked to leave did so because he disagreed with someone else's views that could of happened in any thread really couldn't it.

I will speak to admin about getting the rules updated, in the mean time DO NOT name shops if all its to do is bad mouth them.....

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2012 :  20:28:09  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address
Not to mention if the shop owners caught glance of this on a public forum, might be able to take down the legal route perhaps to the owners of the site or threaten maybe of which this place might disappear, it has happened with some forums before, got closed down as the owners didn't want to go through the whole drama. The odd comment of "[name] has reptiles sometimes with dirty vivs" may occasionally slip through mods view, and my personal opinion is that a fair comment. It's when there are comments that accuse a shop animal abuse and neglect, and that's a serious allegation.

At the end of the day, if a shop is really bad for you to complain about it I would question any reason why someone would shop there specially with apparently how many ill or dead animals left in vivs there are. Bad shops can change if reported to councils or words or a letter to the manager. Heck, the local people which they need on for their business could easily make a shop go bust if they are not happy by not shopping there, simple as really. Whining on a forum, not much is going to happen.

You could be a real troll if they have a fb page and tell them what you think there though for everyone to see. They can remove the content but I guess a few people may see if before it gets taken down.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Edited by - Sta~ple on 30/05/2012 20:30:21
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2012 :  20:34:49  Show Profile
I was merely pointing it out that it is not clear and could do with clarification and Not that it should be allowed. I'm not arguing the finer points of neutrality but if it applies to one it applies to all even big companies like pets at home, which is why I pointed out it needs clear cut guidelines to help members know what they can't post and help moderators know what should be censored.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2012 :  20:38:51  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
P@h home wasn't being named to slag them off though, it was named to help someone find other Supplier for rodents. If it was slagging a branch off it would of been differant.

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2012 :  20:45:41  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by darrkang3l

our P@h staff are all stuck up imo lol and haven't seen anyone in there that knows anything about reps.

You are correct it is not specific but it's still a company. Like I said it needs clarification I'm not saying this to be argumentative I'm saying it as you have rules regarding mentioning shops that are not clear and open to interpretation. To be honest I don't care, I have my shops I go to that are brilliant, but wanted to just try help members by getting guidelines established. As to whether it gets done is upto the people who run the forum.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2012 :  20:47:56  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

quote:
Originally posted by darrkang3l

our P@h staff are all stuck up imo lol and haven't seen anyone in there that knows anything about reps.

You are correct it is not specific but it's still a company. Like I said it needs clarification I'm not saying this to be argumentative I'm saying it as you have rules regarding mentioning shops that are not clear and open to interpretation. To be honest I don't care, I have my shops I go to that are brilliant, but wanted to just try help members by getting guidelines established. As to whether it gets done is upto the people who run the forum.

An I did say I would speak to admin, which has been done.

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2012 :  21:08:39  Show Profile
Naming and shaming has never been permitted on this site, same as it has on every other Kazalewy sites.

There are legal issues to consider in naming and shaming in this day and age with lawsuits for pretty much everything and kaz and lewy dont deserve to have to go through this.

there are also probably a million other rules we stick to yet dont publish them.

However if you want this in writing I or any other admin will add this to the list of rules.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000