New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rubi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
374 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2012 :  13:22:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello, i noticed my snake rubi had a retained tail shed last week, i bathed the tip and thought i had got it all of. however handled her again just now and noticed there is still a ring around the tail and looks like there is stills hed on there..i can not get this to come of. this is the first time this had happened since i got her in october as a hatchling, all other sheds have been succesful. is there anything else i can try?

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2012 :  13:57:54  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You just have to keep trying. Could try a damp hide, could run her through a damp towel/flannel

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

viraleye
Yearling

United Kingdom
695 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2012 :  14:02:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wet a kitchen roll and kept on gently running it through. It eventually came off :-)

1.0.0 Cyrus - Amel het Anery ph Hypo - CURRENTLY AWOL
0.1.0 Diamond - Avalanche ph Charcoal, Hypo
1.0.0 Garland - Bloodred het Hypo
1.0.0 Pinball - Carolina
0.1.0 Casey - Hypo Lavender Stripe het Amel
0.0.1 - No Name Yet - Crested Gecko
Go to Top of Page

rubi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
374 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2012 :  15:01:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thankyou i will try the kitchen roll think just tail looks v fragile theres a ring where tail v think and dont want to pull of.

Go to Top of Page

rubi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
374 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2012 :  16:58:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i used the kitchen roll but her tail came of..she didnt seem to notice or mind and no signs of blood, is there anything i should treat it with?

Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2012 :  20:52:57  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi, just check daily, hopefully it will heal on it own accord, and keep the viv very clean. Could try something like this http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/zoo-med-repti-wound-healing-aid-30ml-md-32.html to prevent infection, i used it when a part of my leos tail dropped off and it healed beutifully.

I have Zoo Med Repti Sheding aid on stand by (dont no wether its any more affective than water to be honest), that almost happned to my Arthas but got it off before the tip died.

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000