Another regurge!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

boozysuzy
Egg

76 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2013 :  22:56:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So fed cornflake Saturday night, got her out on Monday night and she had a small poo. Got her out tonight (wed) and she just regurged her mouse from Saturday. Will skip her next feed etc but what can the problem be as she has had a few regurges recently. Should I:

1) leave her 3-4 days after feeding before handling?
2) up her warm side temp (it's dropped from 28 to 26.8 since I cleaned her out so I think this is just a probe placement issue)?

Any advice gratefully received!

sue2012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
391 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2013 :  23:45:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would give it a week befor feeding again after feeding guve it at least 3 days befor u handle again what size food is she on and how big is she
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2013 :  23:59:16  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would check the set up completely to make sure the probe is correct and the temps are right and I would leave it for a minimum of 10 days before the next feed and I personally wouldn't handle again until a couple/few of feeds had stayed down

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2013 :  09:49:30  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You'll need to leave it at least 10 days for her gut to recover before you feed again.
26c is too low. 28-30c is a better temperature to aim for.
As Donnie said I'd leave handling until at least 2-3 feeds have stayed down.
Have you changed anything in her viv that might stress her out?
Have you changed food supplier/size/how you defrost etc that might have had some effect?
Let us know how it goes next time.....and good luck.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

rockroyal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2013 :  10:04:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as above its very important to wait 10 days before feeding again because when regurgitation happens everything comes up including the acid that breaks down the mouse within the stomoch. when 10 days have passed offer a mouse 1 size down from what you would normally feed! so if snake is on medium mice you offer a small mouse! warm the mouse to this helps .

1.0.0 corn snake
0.1.0 royal python
0.1.0 hognose

Who moved the light at the end of the tunnel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000