Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

andy1979
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  12:47:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys

Just joined the forum as I got my first snake yesterday a female carolina corn snake after keeping lizards for years I decided to take the plunge and get a snake too.

She's only a baby at the moment but feeding well she moved up on to fuzzies yesterday which soon tackled lol.

unfortunately this her second go at finding a home the original guy who brought her returned after 2 weeks because he couldn't cope with her.

1 x Rabbit (Doug)
1 x Staffie (Sadie)
2 x Cats (Gizmo & Ginge)
1 x Leopard Gecko (Ninja)
1 x Carolina corn snake (Jem)

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  12:54:35  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome.
Any idea why he couldn't cope with her?
If you leave her to settle in for a week, just change her water and check for poo etc she should be ok.
Leave her after each feed for 48 hours to digest her meal too.
Have a look on the caresheet, via the homepage, and also browse the stickies...they're a great source of information.
If you have any questions please ask, we're a friendly lot on here and all try to help each other.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

andy1979
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  12:58:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hopefully this pic upload has worked

1 x Rabbit (Doug)
1 x Staffie (Sadie)
2 x Cats (Gizmo & Ginge)

Edited by - andy1979 on 05/05/2013 13:12:32
Go to Top of Page

andy1979
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  13:06:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks

It was something to do with his daughter who he brought the snake for I guess she was scared of it and he didn't want to look after her.

she's placid she didn't mind been handled in the shop.

I got her from pets at home I know they don't have the best reputation but the branch I brought her from the reptile staff really know their stuff.

She's only in a 17" viv at the moment but when she grows I plan to build a triple stack viv to house all my reptiles in one corner of the living room

1 x Rabbit (Doug)
1 x Staffie (Sadie)
2 x Cats (Gizmo & Ginge)
Go to Top of Page

andy1979
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  13:14:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thats better we got there in the end

1 x Rabbit (Doug)
1 x Staffie (Sadie)
2 x Cats (Gizmo & Ginge)

Edited by - andy1979 on 05/05/2013 13:15:46
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  14:02:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello and welcome

Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  14:30:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome :-), lovely snakey, and looks like a nice feeding bulge... I'd give her good 48 h of not disturbing , after a meal, so that she can digest properly. There are lots of useful stickies on here, have a read... any questions, don't be afraid to ask, there are some very experienced keepers on here :-)
Good luck with her, she's gorgeous :-)

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  14:39:58  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  14:45:53  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome and enjoy
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  15:08:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome!
Pretty little snake
Go to Top of Page

andy1979
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  16:20:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all for being so welcoming.

I'm a member of a few forums of various interests and I always find them a wealth of helpful knowledgeable people and as I learn more abort corns pass on my knowledge to others.

thanks again

Andy

1 x Rabbit (Doug)
1 x Staffie (Sadie)
2 x Cats (Gizmo & Ginge)
Go to Top of Page

Callazagy
Yearling

United Kingdom
506 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  18:27:54  Show Profile  Click to see Callazagy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi & Welcome

* 2.1 Corn Snakes (Arthas - Normal, Tilion - Anery Lav, Yavanna - Stripe) * 1.1 Cape House Snake (Jenson & Ginetta) * 1.0 Carpet Python (Irian Jaya Jag - Grantly) *
* 1.0 Amazon Tree Boa (Omen) * 1.1.2 Crested Geckos (Brindle, Harley, Noumea & Farino) * 0.0.2 Gargoyle Geckos (Pazuzu & Vesper) *
* 0.0.1 Mexican Red Leg Tarantula (Aragog) * 1.1 Leopard Geckos (Kara & Darwin) * 1.0 Dog (Labrador - Barney) * 1.0 Cat (Casper) *
* 1.0 Western Hognose (Hamilton) * 1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk Snake (Tweek) * 0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Erin & Ira) *
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  18:41:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya and welcome - the Pets at Home stores are all different, you get good and bad ones - I got Ember from our local one :D

Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  19:07:55  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

carmil07
Hatchling

United Kingdom
158 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  22:08:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She's lovely, congrats on getting your first snakes

0.0.1 Carolina corn snake - Ruby
0.2.0 moggie cat's - Stella & Matilda
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  02:25:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  08:04:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Andy. It is really good that you, and Jem, have joined us! This is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. As you are a member of other forums you'll know that there is often conflicting advice on different things and its the same with keeping corns....with some things there isn't a right or wrong way, its down to personal choice. Hopefully with this forum you'll find that you also get lots of fun and friendship .

As Smartbunny has said, all Pets at Homes differ but they do seem to be improving overall and I've heard they are giving out fairly good care-sheets and even making sure that you have a thermostat to control the heatmat for your snake ....even some reptile shops don't do that !

I am sure you have already browsed the TCS site and forum, and found that it provides great information. As mentioned by Herriotfan, the best place to look is Care Sheet. Also have a look at Your 1st snake. Finally Handling tips is probably worth a read for when the time comes . I realise this is probably repeating information you already know....but it is better heard twice than not at all.

Jem is beautiful , lovely strong colours. Well done for working out how to post pics, it's not easy to do at the moment....or maybe that's just me because I'm so inept with computers .

As Herriotfan and Razee have said, she needs to be left for 48hrs after eating before she is handled and it would probably be a good idea to leave her for a week to get over the stress of the move and get used to her new home. I think it's even more important for her, as she's already had to go through all this once before .

If you can't find the info you need using the search option then, as has been said, please don't hesitate to ask questions. The only silly question is the one you don't ask . And finally a warning....corn snakes are addictive! Jem may be your first but she definitely won't be your last !!

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

Redware
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  10:16:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and Welcome.

Corns: 1.2.0 Caramel Tessera Het Stripe ph lots (Oak) Caramel (Willow) Caramel Stripe Het Amel (Juniper)
Royals: 1:1:0 Lesser Pastel (Bismuth) Cinna Spin (Indium)
Go to Top of Page

andy1979
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  11:26:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kellog they are addictive I'm already planning to build a triple stack viv so i've got room to have another one when Jem moves up to a big viv.

I LOVE some of the corns that you guys own and I'll be looking to get my next one from a breeder so I can choose the exact morph I want when i decide what that morph is that is

1 x Rabbit (Doug)
1 x Staffie (Sadie)
2 x Cats (Gizmo & Ginge)
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  11:52:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andy1979

........so I can choose the exact morph I want when i decide what that morph is that is

I can't believe I'm doing this, directing you to this dangerous site ....but have a look on Ian's Vivarium at all the morphs available. You'll wish you never looked and saw all the gorgeous morphs that are out there....you have been warned !!

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

andy1979
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  12:53:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kellog you are a bad bad person I want one of every one

There are some truly beautiful corns out there.

1 x Rabbit (Doug)
1 x Staffie (Sadie)
2 x Cats (Gizmo & Ginge)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page