New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ArronB
Egg

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2013 :  20:23:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys I just have a quick question. I have my corn snake Stanley who I love but was thinking when he has a big boy viv then I may have to fill his faun with a baby royal/ball python so my question is the difference in care etc. Between a RP and a corn snake. Thanks!

1.0.0 Amel Corn snake (Stanley)
1.0.0 Royal Python (Monty)
0.1.0 Jungle Carpet Python (Cleo)
0.1.0 Sprocker spaniel (Holly)
1.3.0 Cats

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2013 :  20:25:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
massive difference in care yes http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/royal_python_care_sheet.htm

Go to Top of Page

ArronB
Egg

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2013 :  20:32:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you gmac but I don't see a whole lot different... Is it the fact that they need a bulb heater and higher humidity?

1.0.0 Amel Corn snake (Stanley)
1.0.0 Royal Python (Monty)
0.1.0 Jungle Carpet Python (Cleo)
0.1.0 Sprocker spaniel (Holly)
1.3.0 Cats
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2013 :  20:58:03  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I believe they tend to go off their food for a while each year which causes a lot of keepers to panic unnecessarily but the biggest factor to consider is that you would get more movement out of a pet rock

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2013 :  22:05:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know someone whose Royal went over a year without eating, can be stressful! They are great though and I would like one or two or three at some point. I got offered one for free last weekend but I just don't have the room so had to turn it down :(

1.2.4 Corn Snakes - Carolina, 2 x Bloodred het Lavender, Amel, Snow, Anery and Carolina.
0.0.1 Cali King - Ziggy - escaped!!
RIP Princess x
Go to Top of Page

gaz1974
Hatchling

United Kingdom
146 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2013 :  22:48:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend has a Royal.

He's very easy to handle as he moves quite slowly. He went off food for about 3 months recently but is now eating again.

They've got quite an innovative viv setup... it's two tier with the upstairs being the hot area and downstairs being cooler. He doesn't do a lot when in the viv..... mind you neither does my corn!

0.1.0 CB 11Amel Corn "Fuzzy"
0.1.0 CB14 Hypo Jungle Boa "Fizzy"
Pair of Woma Pythons
Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2013 :  23:04:10  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have some royals,2 were captive farmed imports,never fed,fresh of the boat NOT the way to buy them.1is an unwanted 'Desert Morph'female-they are usualy unbreedable.The last is a'Spider Morph'male.
The captive farmed ones(Bugarit and Bugarum)have caused much heartache;they posses magical ability to get out of anything and had to be assisted to get them feeding BUT it has been so very rewarding to get them to the point where they now strike feed
They don't do much BUT are great for shy or reserved folks as they seem placid
Soo very different to Corns,in a good way
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000