New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

june62
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2014 :  13:56:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi has anyone used reptoboost ? If so any opinions on it.
Thanks in advance. I know you guys will have some good advice as usual .

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  12:14:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm using Reptoboost at the moment June, for my little female who has just laid slugs. Is there a reason you are thinking about using it?

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

june62
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  13:36:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snake has refused one feed then took the next really keenly but regurgitated it two days later we were advised by the person in the place we bought her to leave for 10 days then try on a smaller pray. I asked as I had read on here that you could get something to put in her water and he advised reptoboost just wondered if anyone on here recomended it. We are new to this and are pleased for any advice we can get.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2014 :  18:44:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so sorry you've gone through that. I have a snake that has regurgitated a number of times, so know what it's like. You were given good advice by the person at the place you got her from. Have you checked out this thread about it - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7792 ?

Do you know why she regurged? What is her set-up? I'm assuming she's on a heatmat, controlled by a thermostat and monitored by a digital thermometer? What is the warm end temp? What is her feeding schedule supposed to be? How much does she weigh? Sorry for all the questions but it would be good to pin-point why she might have regurged.

With it only being one regurge I wouldn't be too worried about getting Reptoboost for her. Corns are surprisingly hardy. If it continues then I'd think again. I got mine from here - http://www.wildworldreptileshop.co.uk/vetark-reptoboost-100g/ although there are other stockists .

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

june62
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2014 :  21:04:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure why, she is in a 3 foot viv wooden glass at the front. Yes heat mat at one end with digital thermometer and thermostat. The temp is 29 - 30 in the hot and 25 - 26 in the cold. She has a hide in both ends large water in the cold end. Various logs and foliage to fill in the space. She was feeding on one medium mouse once a week. We have only had her 7 weeks thought she may be going to shed as to why she refused the feed last week so added a hide with moss to the viv and and increased the humidity but has not shed so maybe not. Then took the prey but regurgitate twodays later. She is about 3 and a half feet long but I dont know her weight and are leaving her at the moment as advised not tohandle til the 10 days are up. I think i am maybe being over protective as I told you in another post we lost the first snake we had. I have the lad in the shop we got her from tortured with my questions thanks again I will keep you posted as to how we get on.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2014 :  09:19:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's totally understandable that you are being cautious considering what you've been through June. And it's allowed ! I'm just so glad you've got someone who is giving you good advice. So often pet shops, and even reptile shops, aren't like that . It's good you're leaving her 10 days from the regurge and that you're going to offer her a small rather than a medium. And well done for being hands-off during this time. I know that's frustrating but it's necessary.

The set-up sounds fine. Is the probe for the digital thermometer lying flat on the heatmat with the thermostat probe? Why did you think she was going blue and when was this? It may be that she was hungry but her body didn't want the food as it was preparing for a shed.

Please don't hesitate to torture us with questions too . It's what we're here for.

Xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000