Wotcha!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wheels
Hatchling

103 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  15:42:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been reading for many, many months, and I've been on Facebook (as Maxwell Lawrence) - have now got around to joining here too.

Got Wheels, our first corn snake, on 17th May. He has settled in well, eating, pooing (usually on me) and now a successful shed too. I say he, but we have not had him checked - and as we are not intending breeding, probably never will! Son (4) drove this addition to the family, picked the snake and named him.

We moved him up to a big boy viv on Sunday - he must have been maintenance fed in the shop as we were told that he was around 18 months and weighs only 63grams and is piling it on now he is here. The charts we got with him start on 12/3/13 with a feed and a shed on 25/3/13. I believe he is an Amel Motley (or a pretty snake as the shop told us....actually it is a very good reptile shop but corns are, perhaps, not their central interest).

Of course, this means that we now have an empty faun........I think you know where this is heading........son wants another corn, OH wants a royal python, I'm torn between a different morph or a hoggie!

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  16:19:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome
You have good taste if you want a hoggie
(ignore all the hoggie haters on here, they DON'T have good taste )

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

SilverWings
Yearling

United Kingdom
740 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  17:16:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wheels is the best name for a snake ^_^

2.2.3 Corn snakes; Red, Rosie, Liana, Checkers, Luna, Diego, Snowman
1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Snake; Aleron
1.0 Green Anoles; Doug
1.0 Greyhound; Lee
Go to Top of Page

Bertie
Egg

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  17:22:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello and welcome

0.1.0 CB 2013 Carolina c[URL=http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/bertie_beemer/media/7c0543bd-67a1-4dd6-8f7f-d9a22eb143b0_zps7ad92e8d.jpg.html][/URL]orn (Stanlee)
Go to Top of Page

Wheels
Hatchling

103 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  18:09:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the welcome. This forum has been of so much help while we planned to get a snake. I'm sure it will be of even more help now we have one.

When we were planning, our son came up with a different name everytime anyone asked, but one day he nominated Wheels and then stuck with it. At first I was not too sure, but it grew on me. His reasoning was that everything he likes has wheels (Thomas the Tank Engine, Lightning McQueen, Hot Wheels)....

Baby hoggies recently hatched at the reptile shop.......sooooooooo tiny, soooooooo cute, sooooooooo want one ;-)

Go to Top of Page

coxymk2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1245 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  19:48:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome

0.0.1 ANERY (Liquorice)
0.0.1 CAROLINA (Bangle)
0.0.1 AMEL (Boozer)
Go to Top of Page

Dave786
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  19:55:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome,every body should have a hoggie.
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  22:17:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to the forum

An empty faun is the perfect size for a house snake They're muuuuuch nicer to look at than a shovel nosed...*ahem* 'hoggie'. To be fair, hognoses are growing on me

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  23:39:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Moppet

Hello and welcome to the forum

An empty faun is the perfect size for a house snake They're muuuuuch nicer to look at than a shovel nosed...*ahem* 'hoggie'. To be fair, hognoses are growing on me

lol yay kinda another converted!!!

If they have hatchies in, you should get one, i adore the little shovel noses! mine does not know he is meant to be all huff and puff though, but i love my little worm

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2014 :  08:58:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad you've joined us on here as well as on the Facebook group Maxwell . It's been great seeing how dedicated you are to learning as much as you can about Wheels' care . It's also great that your son is so involved and loving 'his' snake.

If you can't find what you want to know using the search option, then please don't hesitate to ask. We don't bite, much . In the top right corner, by the search option, is 'Active topics'. You can use that to access those threads that have been commented on since you last logged in.

I'm not sure if I warned you on Facebook but it's obvious that you're already addicted to corns and snakes in general . I must admit I'm a corn-only person but I can understand the attraction of the shovel-nose. Anyone who comes over as a 'hoggie-hater' is hiding a secret desire for one :-P.

We do have a sister site dedicated to Hognose snakes - http://www.thehognosesnake.co.uk/ and if your OH wants to learn more about royals then we have a sister site, The Royal Python - http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/ and http://www.facebook.com/groups/32329136011/?ref=ts

And remember, no question is a stupid question here so don't hesitate to ask.

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

Wheels
Hatchling

103 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2014 :  14:08:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even managed a signature ;-) all I need to get to grips with now are these smiley codes!!!

Thanks for the additional welcomes.

House snakes are plain, flat-nosed snakes.....of course the faun will become available again at some point (evil cackle).

And Ju...er....Kellog, you really think I haven't already visited those sites ;-D I am dedicated to the care of any animal I take on....my family can fend for themselves but my animals depend on me!

My Facebook name is actually the name of my first Boxer dog! We needed a Facebook paage for a business and neither my OH or myself wanted to sign up, so our (dead since 2003) dog went online as our proxy! We recently lost our other boxer boy (Barney, 10.5) and our cat (Klamba, 15), so it is Wheels and our boxer girl, Ellie (8 next week) and plenty of room if I can keep OH on board!

I had a Photobucket account once, I'll have to see if it is still available, if not I'll get a new one and share more piccies soon. In the meantime, you can see Wheels in a signature near here...>>

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2014 :  23:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you need a its the 'reply to topic' top right, just under where your screen name when you are signed in

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
Go to Top of Page

Wheels
Hatchling

103 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2014 :  08:53:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Thank you Silverwings, there'll be no stopping me now

Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2014 :  09:43:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Wheels, the more, the merrier, especially for the likes of me, who aren't on Facebook.

I suggest, that to keep your OH "on board", as it were, to get a baby royal, and to feed your addiction - get a baby hoggie as well! Easy!

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2014 :  10:26:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should have known you'd already checked out our sister sites Maxwell . Hope you don't mind being called your old dog's name . I'm sorry that you recently lost Barney and Klamba. Both good ages though. It certainly leaves room for more pets..... .

Xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000