Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RumDemon
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2014 :  12:40:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Quick question for you all - my son has a corn snake that is about a year old. He is currently in a 2 foot viv (the snake that is ) that opens at the top (monkfield I think). Anyway he's fine in there for now, obviously I know he will need a bigger viv as he grows, which is fine.

My question is that my son is now asking for a Royal Python too. Assuming I agree to the new addition (he's planning on asking Father Christmas as he came through on the corn snake last Christmas ) I have been looking for a double viv. Ideally I'd like one that has a small cupboard at the bottom and then 2 3foot vivs on top of each other. I'm really struggling to find anything?? Again 'ideally' I'd like them to be divide them so that they could start smaller than 3 foot and then be increased as and when needed (if that makes sense?)

Am is asking too much or am I just being dim and not looking in the right place?

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2014 :  13:36:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you'd be better off finding two 3 foot vivs and a suitable sized cupboard and just stacking them on top of each other It would probably work out cheaper overall.

I put my corns up from fauns to 3 ft vivs and they were fine. Just make sure there's lots of cover available so that they won't feel too exposed

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

Freddiesmum
Sub Adult

1083 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2014 :  13:51:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You could get something like this:

http://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/reptile-supplies/vivariums-416/vivexotic-vivarium-cabinets-803/vivexotic-viva-cabinet-medium-beech-34--333142.html

Then you could put a couple vivs on top

Not sure about the divide though, although sure some people have found ways to do this.

Not sure about royals, but I put my corn from a faun to a 4 footer with plenty of hides and coverage, and she's doing great!

1.1.0 Corn Snakes, Oscar the Golddust Motley, Emmy the Ultramel Anery
2.0.0 Cats, Yoda and Ed
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, Masuka
1.0.0 Western Hognose Snake - Hugo

Edited by - Freddiesmum on 19/08/2014 13:52:36
Go to Top of Page

RumDemon
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2014 :  14:10:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks both. I did see the ones on swell and they are definitely best option I could find, just wondered if there were other options I was missing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000