New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hopeful_corn_owner
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2014 :  17:42:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As some of you may know, on Monday afternoon I had reserved a male Okeetee Corn....well he's now exploring his new home with me! My friend and I only went into P@H as I needed to get Inca's forever home....which is about 5ft in length.

My friend was looking the selection of reptiles that were being sold and then called me over as she'd seen a Butter Corn there. I went over there fairly interested, but as I was looking at the tank the Butter was in, I looked down and that was when I saw him...A beautiful young male Okeetee just giving me a "I will own you" look lol.

After seeing that look, I didn't give the Butter another look as I had already fallen in love with the Okeetee and I couldn't think of any other snake....the Okeetee was mine lol.

I had to leave the store for 2 days before I picked him up, and I began thinking of all the names I could give him...when suddenly my friend said "How about Aztec? That'll go with Inca (my nearly 2 year old Anerythristic) and an American theme."

So, I though about the name as we went home....and I was in love with the name and even more in love with my young Okeetee and "Aztec" was mine.

I did giggle at the assistant though as the second the lid was taken off his cage, Aztec had already struck and tagged the assistant...and after a few minutes of struggling because he was determined not to go in the travel box home...but we won in the end and then it was to the checkout to pay for him.

I've literally only been home for half an hour, put him into his already prepared faunarium and within seconds he was exploring, so I think he's a happy snake lol.

I will take photos of Aztec when he has completely settled down as you already know what the rules are lol.

Just as a side note:

Inca loves her new forever home...it has brought her confidence out which is nice :)

Julia xx

Owned by:
1.0.0 - Carolina Corn Snake - Aztec
0.1.0 - Anery Corn Snake - Inca (unconfirmed sex - I just think she is a she lol)
0.1.0 - Brachypelma auratum Tarantula - Mystery (again unconfirmed but I still think she's a girl lol)
0.1.0 - Chile Gold Burst Tarantula - Truffle (again unconfirmed lol)
0.1.0 - Chaco Golden Knee Tarantula - Zoe (again uncomfirmed lol)
0.0.1 - Brazilian Black Tarantula - Jet
0.1.0 - Syrian Hamster - Lily
0.1.0 - Cat - Winnie

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2014 :  18:20:23  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to the pics

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2014 :  08:25:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, there will be some very jealous members when they discover you picked up an Okeetee at P@H!! Some people have to look for ages before they find one. And it sounds like he's definitely got attitude .

So glad Inca is happy in her new home .

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

hopeful_corn_owner
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2014 :  10:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Donnie and Kellog for your messages.

Kellog - I am 90% sure that Aztec is an Okeetee as I have been comparing the colours of him with the Morph Guide on Ian's Vivarium...but I will double check on here when I am able to take photos of him.

Julia xx

Owned by:
0.1.0 - Anery Corn Snake - Inca (unconfirmed sex - I just think she is a she lol)
0.1.0 - Brachypelma auratum Tarantula - Mystery (again unconfirmed but I still think she's a girl lol)
0.1.0 - Cat - Winnie
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2014 :  16:04:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awwww congrats!!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2014 :  08:14:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW! Pics pics PICS!

I'd love to get an Okeetee female for my male Okeetee Twid...

It seems that P&H are getting in better and better corn snakes, and there are some bargains to be had! They only ever used to sell normals, amels, aneries, maybe a snow - but now I got Squidwood from them, and you have an Okeetee!

He he - I know the " I will own you look" and the " I'm sooo cute, please take me home look " - that's what Squid did, and before I knew it, I was putting down my name for him...I'm sure they can hypnotize us! :-o ( cue eeriee music )

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2014 :  08:15:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG, I'm a Fully Grown Corn! :-) :-)

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

hopeful_corn_owner
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2014 :  12:32:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol well done Razee becoming a Fully Grown Corn :D

Aztec is certainly following in Inca's slither trail lol. He managed to escape through the tiny hole where the temperature probe comes into the tank...thankfully found him and blocked the hole lol. So I did have a tiny hold of him a few days before his official holding and photo opportunity - it was midnight so wasn't thinking about camera lol.

Aztec certainly seems to be more outgoing than Inca (who can be very stubborn and not go anywhere for hours/days on end lol). He is certainly a joy to watch and can't wait until Wednesday to be able to hold him properly and post some photos of him.

As I said before I am fairly certain that Aztec is an Okeetee, but I will do a check on that when he officially gets photographed.

Julz xx

Owned by:
0.1.0 - Cat - Winnie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000