New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Misguidance
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2015 :  10:05:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Zip's full name is 'The Almighty Zipper Beast, Tiny God of All Things Small and Squiggly.'

Despite being incredibly tiny, Zipper is actually CB13. He was the runt of a clutch hatched out by my tattooist (his 2 male rescues turned out to be a male and a very butch female), and like a couple of his clutch-mates he refused to eat for ages. He had to be started on force-feeding, and was then assist-fed for nearly a year. Now, though, he seems to have realised that food = life, and comes begging for meals every time he sees me in the room. He is probably the greediest of my gang, and I suspect that he's trying to make up for lost time.

He recently moved from 2 pinkies each feed to 1 fuzzy. I was wary of moving him up a size too soon in case he went off eating again, but I shouldn't have worried. He even tried to eat my finger once, and he'd probably try to eat a full grown rat if he had the chance.

So eager to eat, he didn't even wait to be put down:

Zipper is amazingly fast, and still has the hatchling mentality that human hand in tank = something that will eat him. Picking him up without scaring him is a challenge, but once he is out, he's very sweet:

I'm really looking forward to watching him grow up, and seeing if he does indeed catch up with my other two in terms of size. But, if he does stay small forever then I won't be heart-broken. ;)

SilverWings
Yearling

United Kingdom
740 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2015 :  12:15:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think he'll surprise you with how fast he will grow now you've got him eating properly. I too have a couple of CB13 stunted squigglers. One has been eating well for nearly a year and, whilst still only half the size of her normal siblings, she's far outpaced my tiniest snake. Checkers can't seem to get it in to her head that mouse=food and still only weighs about 20g. I had to buy a green anole (who I now adore) to scent her food with so she eats something, but if Doug hasn't shed recently, it's no food for Checkers.

Here's a recent picture of her. The feeding response is definitely there, her targeting seems to be off though :(

Here's a picture of three together, Rosie in the middle has always been a pig, she's about 250g and nearly 3 feet long. Liana on the right is the one who now smashes fuzzies, but didn't eat a thing for her first year or so unless I shoved it down her neck. Then there's tiny Checkers on the left.

2.2.3 Corn snakes; Red, Rosie, Liana, Checkers, Luna, Diego, Snowman
1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Snake; Aleron
1.0 Green Anoles; Doug
1.0 Greyhound; Lee
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2015 :  14:13:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cracking shots

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2015 :  16:56:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovely pics, especially the one in the glass ball, and the feeding ones - you can actually see his Zippership's miniature teeth ! :-) he's a real cutie!

SilverWings, there's your answer to feeding Checkers, she's showing you what she wants - she is one of the very rare "man eater corn snakes"! These are normally only found in tabloid articles :-)
Or, maybe, she thinks " pinkie is pinkie, what's the fuss? "

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2015 :  19:44:47  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Always had thing for amel stripes, he's lovely

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Misguidance
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2015 :  10:49:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies, guys! :) I'll be posting some more pictures up here soon, I promise!

Just had some fun- I was adding Zipper to my pet insurance, and had to call my tattooist to confirm his 'hatching date'. Well- turns out we got it wrong. Zipper is actually CB12, not CB13- pretty much the same age as my 4.5ft snerkstress Opal!! O_O He was force-fed then assist fed for nearly two years, and will be three years old in October. His exact birthday is uncertain, so I'll be celebrating it on Hallowe'en, because he's pumpkin coloured so it kind of fits.... ;)

But yeah- he's nearly three! Still tiny, although he's had two sheds with me now and is visibly bigger than he was when I got him. :) Even if he's never a giant, he's thriving, so my tattooist was right to put all that time and effort into helping him get started!

Edited by - Misguidance on 08/08/2015 10:50:10
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000