Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 How to get an adult snake used to a new home?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gemmalw
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2015 :  08:39:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. This is my first post here. Im about to take on my first snake, he is an adult male, not sure on exact age. All the advice I can find online tells me how to settle a baby snake into a new home, but I was wondering what I need to do to settle an adult?
I have 3 children, he is used to children as the lady who is giving mw him has young grandchildren, I will be keeping him in my bedroom though as my kids arent allowed in there and I dont want him hassled while hes settling in.
I am picking him up tomorrow, the lady is heartbroken to see him go but she is terminally ill and cant give him the care and attention he needs. Sad situation :( I am bringing him home in a pillowcase, I am planning on using an old one that ive had on my bed for a couple of days so it has my smell on it. Is this a good idea or should I use a totally clean one?
Ive read up and researched everything I can find but just need a bit of help knowing what to do to settle him. How long should I leave him before I handle him? How long before feeding him? Im planning on handling him tomorrow before I bring him home, again should I do this? Thanks!

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2015 :  20:55:18  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi, as with a young corn I would leave them for a week before handing and feeding and just change water when needed. I am sure everything will be fine and he will settle well even with kids in the house. Good luck.

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000