Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Ahh corn snake eggs due to hatch, dilemma!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Skimpeh
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2016 :  09:19:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, don't know if anyone still uses this site?
If so, was hoping for a bit of help.

My corn snake eggs are on their 61st day in the incubator.
There is no signs of dimpling yet.

One of the eggs always looked really good, and had a very acticve baby in it, you could see him moving around lots if you candled the egg.

He then stopped moving for about a week, so yesterday we thought we would cut it, to check if it was still alive. (maybe a bad idea)
It looks like all the yolk? (brown gooey stuff) is at the top of the egg?
the eggs also seem really hard, i'm worried that maybe the babies can't get out?
Does anyone think it is worth cutting each egg a tiny bit just in case? Or do I leave them alone?
Maybe wait a few more days?

There was also a really crappy looking egg on the top, so we decided to cut that too, and the goo inside was yellow...so i'm presuimgin that is dead..but it did look like a proper formed snake inside.
It also looked like a snow... I have an annery female and a white out male, didn't expect to get a snow?

Anyway, any advice would be really appreciated, there is a total of 16 eggs, on day 61, should i be worried!?

thanks so much!

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2016 :  10:13:01  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine took ages to hatch :( only thing I can suggest is maybe making it more humid so the shells aren't so hard.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000