Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

71 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  15:21:36  Show Profile
Hi everyone, im Blake, 16 from Lowestoft

Just a quick hello as im new here! =)
Been doing my research on snakes and pet shops in my area, just been down to a local shop had about an hours talk with the bloke. Seems the top lad!
Has over 50 snakes of his own at home including Retic Pythongs, Royal Pythons and Corn Snakes (many others also)
Just waiting for mum and dad to get back from shopping and the bank as they are lending me the money until i start college then im going to pay them back weekly for everything they brought me to do with the snake.
Just a quick question but you may not know, my dad said it is but he knows ziltch about snakes haha!
Is it true a black corn is more keen to bite? he said that most animals that have black skin/fur etc tend to be more aggressive than others.
Dosnt matter if you dont reply on time.
I'll post some pictures when i can,

Regards,
Blake

P.S - Sorry for such a long post im so excited that im shaking!

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  16:26:24  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
hi and welcome to the forum,as for the black thing just a old wifes tale,unless you get a king lol

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

54 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  16:32:21  Show Profile
Hiya and welcome.
Good to hear that your looking into in, instead of just going out and buying one with out any understanding of them.
They are amazing pets. Got mine 3 weeks ago and constantly talk about it and im always smiling.
I dont think the colour of corns means much in the way of which are more likely to bite. I would say it was more down to how it is handeld and looked after.
Hope this helps.
But there are people on here with more knowledge than me.
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  16:56:01  Show Profile
Hello and welcome, and well done for doing the reaserch. A snakes corn snakes colour doesnt effect how likely it is to bite.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

395 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  17:45:53  Show Profile
It's a very friendly forum, so Hi there!I am a Grandma of 5 and got my first corn 2 1/2 weeks ago. Loving every minute. The research is part of the experience. Read loads, asked loads, and joined this forum. Best thing I did. Enjoy your corn when you get him. If you get stuck, ask the forum, you wont go far wrong.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  19:02:02  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Hiya, and welcome.

Even if you don't get stuck, still pop onto the forum.
Sometimes you don't think about something until others ask, and even then you may have your own questions.

Even us experienced members still ask question, and you can never know enough.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  21:12:03  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Welcome to the forum ^^
Yeah I heard King snakes are grumpy :P

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  21:29:54  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
heya and welcome

just go for the colour you like, corns are generally good tempered regardless of colour

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  21:36:16  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage
Welcome to the forum. It's good that your doing your homework first and not jumping in feet first.

Ask as many questions as you need to, someone, usually more knowledgable than me, will be along shortly with a reply.

I think the black animal thing is a myth.
I'd be soiling myself myself whether confronted by a black panther or a white tiger!!

Corn Snake Forum Members Map

Please add your details HERE
Go to Top of Page

Flatpack63
Hatchling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  14:51:43  Show Profile
Hi and welcome.

Good luck when you get your snake.

Any problems, Just ask on here. Someone will know the answer.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

71 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  01:31:59  Show Profile
As i promised, here are a few photo's of the viv and the snake. I know i only got it yesterday, but the shop owner said as its nearly a year old and is handled on a regular basis leaving it a full day should be fine. And he was right it was flicking its tounge and seemed really docile! Anyway. Here are the pics, more to come later on! :)

This last one, was one i took just so people could see the morph altohugh it didnt come out to well because it was on my camera phone (all where) and the snake was moving.

The snake didnt seem stressed when i was holding it otherwise i would have put it back straight away. It moved around my hands fine and along my arms, flicking its tounge all the time and even tried going to sleep in my friends hands as you can above!

Im a noob snake owner, first snake ever, and got it yesterday so still learning but doing my research as i go along aswell :)

Regards,
Blake
Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  08:48:59  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Very pretty!

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

solid
Hatchling

United Kingdom
428 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  19:42:53  Show Profile
get a gaurd for that light if its on all the time

and welcome to the family :)

3.1.1 corns - solid,liquid,ocelot,fox + raiden / 0.0.1 missing MBK - raven
PS3id: adam83
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

71 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  20:03:21  Show Profile
Its not on all the time so i dont need a guard,

12 hrs on 12 hrs off.

Regards,
Blake

Many Thanks To Solid For The Sig.
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  21:25:23  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
12 hours on is still along time for an un-guarded lamp to be on.
Just one trip into the kitchen to put the kettle on is all it could take.

My Trio has a severely melted tail due to an unguarded lamp, he now has risks of problems with pooing, and mating.

He'll never get a female, but the pooing is something he'll never stop doing.
Touch wood he's not had any major issues so far, but one day he may cost me a hefty vet bill.

It's a BIG risk, I'd recommend getting a guard. One of the guys on here makes them to size/colour for you, at about the same price as evil-buy, but still less than rep shop.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

71 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  22:44:49  Show Profile
Im down the shop where i got the snakey on wednesday to get his food for that day =), So i'll see if he has any guards in for the light. If not i'll take a look at some other shops.

But im sure he will have

Just a thought, would the green light hint/hue not take the danger of burning the snake out? if she ever goes over the she goes in the hide and not directly under it or lays on the log, normally curls up under the foilage or hide though :)
But yeah, just thinking that maybe the green hue/tint wouldnt burn it (the bulb is normal but has that added at the bottom hottest part of the bulb)

Regards,
Blake
Go to Top of Page

dantheman2944
Hatchling

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2009 :  11:03:49  Show Profile  Click to see dantheman2944's MSN Messenger address
hey and welcome

thanks to solid for the sig
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000