About time I said hello!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

100 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  18:06:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The title says it all really! Been lurking around here for a few months now reading a lot, but only just gotten around to registering and posting!

Picked up my first corn about a month ago from the Kidderminster show. She's a lovely anery (type b) which I obtained from the nice folks of Snake City. I've named her Porphyria (but also gets referred to at the moment as Baby P, which is a little faux pas I know, but she is certainly not abused and is very well fed I can assure you! ), basically after a favorite poem of mine (Porphyria's Lover' by Robert Browning) and because I thought it would be a cool name for a snake (yes, I named my snake in advance)! Actually, she's also been nicknamed Helen too (after my ex) since they both have 3 things in common; they look great, are very interested in me, but whenever they think they want to get close they ultimately turn and run (or slither) a mile !

I'm no stranger to exotics; started off about 5 years ago with a jungle phase leopard gecko (who has the fattest and most amazing tail I've ever seen on a leo!) before being adopted by a beardie 6 months after that. I was never really a snake kind of guy, but after keeping the lizards for a few years, my interest and fascination just developed! After months and months of research and looking at pictures on t'intertubes, I decided that if i was ever going to do it, then I'd find what I was looking for at the Kidderminster show (right location and timing for me really)! I can't tell you how tense it was waiting in the queue in the sweltering sun for 45 minutes watching other people coming out with their snakes! Was always keen on a miami, but then recently something about anerys just spoke to me! I guess when P grows up and moves into a viv, maybe her faun will become home to a baby miami sibling .

Anyways, this is starting to become quite a lengthy introduction so I'll leave it by just saying hi and I'll try to get some pitures up when I find something that can get a better image than my phone!

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  20:00:41  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello

Congrats.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  20:57:47  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum mate
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  20:57:59  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  20:59:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome. Any picutres, please?
Go to Top of Page

muffin
Hatchling

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  21:38:30  Show Profile  Click to see muffin's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi m8 and welcome :)

1.0.0 Ghost corn-Dexter
1.0.0 Snow corn-Stig
0.1.0 Carolina corn-Roxy
0.0.1 Amel corn-Oscar
1.0.0 Florida kingsnake Elvis
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  21:44:13  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to the forum

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  22:33:22  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  03:09:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Monkey....you must be so excited to have finally got P. You have joined a great forum, with a lot of helpful advice from very experienced owners and where you feel that there is no such thing is a silly question. You also great great support - they kept me sane when my corn decided to fast 13 weeks from the point of me getting him. Friendship and fun are bonuses. Pics as soon as possible - an unwritten forum rule! xxx

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  06:49:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome
I love that poem..remember studying it at school
look forwards to seeing the piccies

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  10:16:49  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  11:54:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there n welcome

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

531 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  13:58:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello and welcome

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

100 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  18:06:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the warm welcome guys (and for those that read the post and didn't reply, shame on you! Nah, just kidding! )!

Piccies will be done as soon as I can. Might be a few days yet since I think I'm expecting my first shed anytime this week; she's not shed in the 4 weeks I've had her and she's done nothing but hide (uncharacteristically) for the last few days!
Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  19:06:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if shes went dull n grey, cloudy eyes then u will prob get a shed in the next day or so if you get a shed in one i would measure it for your records its sometimes easier than trying to get you snake to stay still to measure

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

100 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  19:25:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks KittyKat; all in the plan!