He's trying to do a runner!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  08:40:46  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
For the last few nights my hamster Ozzy has been making this raucous noise that has been keeping me up. It sounded like wood being ground, so upon investigation this morning...

the cheeky little sod has been gnawing away at the hole i had to drill to be able to put tartans heat mat in!!!!

its only plywood so he'll be able to get out really easily ans the noise is letting me get no sleep, so I need to fix it TODAY otherwise one more nights hard work and he'll be gone.

Any ideas how I can plug/cover the hole with something that a hamster couldn't destroy. Atm i can only think of covering the areas with another piece of wood but...

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  15:32:53  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Tin foil, attached to the positive terminal of a 9volt battery, with the negative edge attached to tin foil under where his feet will be.

Seriously though, I would stick another larger bit of wood over the top of the hold, INSIDE the tank. or a bit of very fine mesh chicken wire.

Got any loo roll tubes? I used to throw those into mine, with a few sheets of loo roll still on, hours upon hours of busyness then.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  16:18:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cover it with perspex?

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  17:42:18  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
KEHHLYR!!!

ill forgive you

we worked it out this morning. The hole was still the perfect size for a bolt so I stuck a nice big chunky bolt through the hole. Good luck to him, if he gets through that he deserves to escape lol

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  20:27:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
at least he let you know he was attempting to escape..i dont know if a bottle trap would work with a hamster

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  21:17:52  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Tin foil, attached to the positive terminal of a 9volt battery, with the negative edge attached to tin foil under where his feet will be.

Talk about animal control, lol. I shouldn't laugh, I have 4 Gerbils.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.

Edited by - LittleMick on 09/11/2009 21:18:14
Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  22:47:48  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hahahaha i can just see this imagine in my head of a hamster half jammed in a bottle after a peanut at the bottom

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page

kizzig
Yearling

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  23:16:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol! Great pic LittleMick! Anybody else smell something singed...?

Kizzig

Our ever growing menagerie:

1.0.0 Amel cornsnake (Ziggy)
0.1.0 Amel motley cornsnake (Kizzy)
1.0.0 Housegecko (Eric)
0.1.0 Chile Rose Tarantula (Daisy) RIP Double D, We'll miss you... xxx
1.0.0 Budgie (Oscar)
0.1.0 Cat (Sophie)
1.1.0 Red Eared Sliders (Sam 'n' Ella)
Assorted Fish - Harry, Artie, Kev and Ebi.

RIP Georgina the Housegecko , Archie the Angelfish (17/09/09), and Daisy the Chile Rose Tarantula (19/11/2009)

Our Animal's Album: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/klivingston234/
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  23:45:55  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What?? I don't understand what the problem is? We used to use electric fences to keep horses in, it's only a smaller scaled animal.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  04:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its no joke - my OH electrified the bird nuts in the garden so that when the squirrels hung upside down to steal the nuts they would get rather a shock!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  06:30:14  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bring the hamster round to my place. I'll get Sherman to have a..... erm..... chat with it. I'm sure my royal would be able to quieten it down for you

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  12:51:17  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hahaha It's ok paulusworm. i put a nice big metal bolt through it. got a full ngiths sleep last night with no hamster related inturruptions.I can see imma have to put NOT SNAKE FOOD in my sig

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  23:09:45  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You lot are just too bad, I need to cover my Gerbs ears up.

Well Punk, glad you got your sleep, mine can be deafening sometimes, I have resorted to wearing ear plugs, lol.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2009 :  23:56:27  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Its no joke - my OH electrified the bird nuts in the garden so that when the squirrels hung upside down to steal the nuts they would get rather a shock!

xxx

He electrified WHAT!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  04:35:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was nothing...he threatened to electrify the kitchen worktop when we discovered our old dog was climbing onto it and stealing from the sugar bowl! Luckily I was able to convince him that the better option was just to put a lid on the sugar!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  08:15:13  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeh the last couple of nights have been wonderful. I have to resort to my ear plug sometimes if he's having a nibble of his wood but apart from that, it's taken some work, but I have a 90% silent hamster! lol

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  09:38:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

xxx

*dials RSPCA*

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

65 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2009 :  09:03:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

That is a great way to keep those horrible little creatures out of the garden.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000