concerned
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

37 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2010 :  21:43:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, my caramel corn didnt eat for the first time ever this week, he feeds every week on a fuzzie without fail, always strikes. he is in his 'blue' phase, but when he has been in blue before he has still eaten, i left the fuzzie in over night and when i checked this morning it was still where i left it, he weighs 50g usually eats fine, sheds fine and whole and is almost a year old, would be grateful for any advise xx

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2010 :  21:47:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if this is his first miss feed there is nothing to worry or be concerned about.

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2010 :  22:54:54  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wouldnt worry about anything just yet. might just be the time of year. or the he felt sorry for the mouse hehe

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2010 :  23:33:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It always seems alarming as we can't go long without food. But for him its equal to us missing breakfast, not a big deal. He's blue and its this time of year where they'll go off their food. If you read other threads alot of members are asking this question but its very normal.

Don't forget NOT to offer food in a day or two. You may feel like doing it but if they choose to miss a feed, ignore it and feed as normal next time, in your snakes case about a week. This time round I would wait until he's fed and then offer.

0.1.0 Anery corn- LegLess
1.0.0 Carolina corn- NoFeet
1.0.0 Syrian hamster- Jabba
0.2.0 Albino ferrets- Mable & Sue
1.0.0 Cat- Ned
Go to Top of Page

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  05:17:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there is nothing to be concerned about just if he has food that hasn't been eaten remove it ASAP!
it is totally normal the hes doesn't want it my snow corn also did not want his fuzzi this week!

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python
1.0.0 Tri-coloured honduran - Feta (R.I.P. my love!!!You will never be forgoten!)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  06:54:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is how old Snickers was when she stopped eating in the blue. Until that point she had always eaten and then suddenly last October or November she stopped eating when she was in the blue. I was nervous since she went for three weeks without eating, but then suddenly scarfed as soon as the shed was done. So be ready with a full meal as soon as the shed is done.[quote]Originally posted by shorty

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  09:41:31  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yep same thing happened to me with Colin. He always ate in blue then the time before last shed he stopped and hasnt since. Now he is off his food completely which i believe is down to the time of year and the fact he is feeling a little fruity. Its nothing to worry about at this stage

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

37 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  15:14:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks guys, much appreciated
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2010 :  16:51:33  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
welcome shorty

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000