Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  14:39:09  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://www.thereptilian.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=786

Or follow the link in my sig.

/edit

DON'T follow the link in my sig, it's not there.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 09/04/2010 15:07:51

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  13:11:21  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think it was better to do the compo seperate just only staying with TCS.

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  15:07:15  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I did consider having a split compo for TCS as well, but the problem there would lie in the issue that the coding for the compo voting isn't as easy on TCS, and I have to physically go through ALL the votes one at a time to check the validity of the votes.
On average it was taking me about 3 hours to check the votes and to do the final count up, just on the TCS ones.

Plus, when we have some sort of prize if 2 have to be organized, then it can make it a tadge awkward so consolidating all the forums compo entries into one section made it easier for me, but harder for everyone else due to multi-forum entries.

I may well in the future start making a separate quick 'Fun Only' compo for TCS if enough people will use it, but I wont be able to accurately count up the voting results, so we'd have to take the listed votes as gospel.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  15:25:49  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I quite like the mixed forum compos, its good to see other snakes and lizards aswell.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  05:11:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with Danny....it is good to see the other reps and be in competition with them - and show them how fantastic corns are!

I also think it is a good thing to support the 'mother forum' as it were.... I know my main loyalty is to TCS, but the Rep is part of that and therefore so am I.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  20:46:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i entered!!

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  21:32:45  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

i entered!!

"Pops over to the reptilian to have a nosey"

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2010 :  10:34:33  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes but its soo obvious that a royal python or a boa will win over a cornsnake thats what makes it unfair its better to do compo's within the cornsnake group that way its fair, about the voting issue you had a link on here before to vote and it counts your vote and then you cant vote again as it logs your ip.

Also i think it will be good if people on here including my self to donate a prize each compo so that way its not always Phil prizing some one just so it's fair.

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2010 :  10:38:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

Yes but its soo obvious that a royal python or a boa will win over a cornsnake thats what makes it unfair

Whys that?

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2010 :  11:04:18  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

quote:

Yes but its soo obvious that a royal python or a boa will win over a cornsnake thats what makes it unfair

Whys that?

Thats what i was wondering, its more about the overall picture than the particular reptile in the picture.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2010 :  16:16:03  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes but its soo obvious that a royal python or a boa will win over a cornsnake thats what makes it unfair its better to do compo's within the cornsnake group that way its fair, about the voting issue you had a link on here before to vote and it counts your vote and then you cant vote again as it logs your ip.

Also i think it will be good if people on here including my self to donate a prize each compo so that way its not always Phil prizing some one just so it's fair.

The voting on the older system does only allow one vote per IP, but doesn't stop non-members voting.
It wouldn't have been hard for someone to ask their friends/family to click the vote link on the older system and then I'd have to manually trawl through every member that had been active on TCS for 10 days then manually matching up all the IP's that had voted with the IP's of members on here.
On average with just 30 votes it would take usually about 3-4 hours to confirm all the votes were genuine members and would cause nothing short of a damn good headache.

Also, I don't always donate the prizes, Lee2308, Kaz, Lewy and I have donated so far. I've also had offers for prize donations as well from others and I will be sifting through things as and when I can.
The main reason I decided to host the compo on the reptilian is to give a chance for the other reps that people own to be included.
We had our first ever hoggie on the compo last month, and 'phibs are slowly appearing as well.

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2010 :  20:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
personally i love the open comps.. it gives people a chance to see other reps that they might not necessarily be interested in and i think its great that we are getting a wider range of reps involved
sorry but so far i think corns have mostly won so to say that boas or pythons are going to win is silly, its all down to what people decide.. and i also think that if people are sad enough to vote for themselves multiple times or get family and friends to vote for them then they shouldnt enter the competition in the first place, its a fun thing to have on the forum and lets face it.. no one likes a cheater

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  15:08:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Didnt a corn win the March comp?

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  16:32:30  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't think so.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  16:38:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

http://www.thereptilian.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=772

I think this is a corn.?

Lee? Anyone?

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  16:42:59  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure, certainly isn't a royal or a boa though

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  16:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

I'm not sure, certainly isn't a royal or a boa though

Definately not one of those...lol...

As Ive said before when people have said they dont have a great camera and will never win, 'its not about the quality of the picture, its about the picture/pose/location etc' I think the same applys here with regards to the type of reptile, It can be the commonest of reps or the rarest...doesnt matter, its the picture/pose/location etc that counts.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  17:06:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its Lees mexi black.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  23:51:37  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

Its Lees mexi black.

Not so sure about that, it appears to be a light brown in colour with an almost grey belly.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 15/04/2010 23:54:01
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  00:57:41  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thats my boy "diablo" my mexican black king snake,during the blue phase

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  12:17:15  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

thats my boy "diablo" my mexican black king snake,during the blue phase

Wow i didn't realise they changed so much when in blue, or does it just appear that way in the pic.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page