Anery belly
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  20:51:59  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Do some anerys have no checker belly patterns on them? I can't seem to be able to any pictures of them without them.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  21:03:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think an Anery Motley would have no belly checkers (holds her breath and waits to hear if she's picked up any morph lore....)

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  21:06:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Normal patterned anerys have a belly pattern.

And yes, motleys dont have a belly pattern.

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  21:15:12  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
stripe and diffused (diffused anery is called Granite) also have a plain belly, diffused will often show some of the side colour 'bleeding' onto the belly.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  21:30:51  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No stripe or motley have belly checkers so even if a morph would normly have belly checkers if it shows the motley or stripe pattern it won't.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  23:52:32  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well he's normal patterned and he has very few specks of black on his belly but it's definitely not checked. I'll try and get pictures of him and his belly, he's probably just a normal anery with a pale belly but the whole colour of the snake seems noticeably paler than the rest of the anery babies I have which have heavily checked bellies. I also have a wild type corn with the same kinda thing, a virtually non patterned belly. I think I might just being thrown off as the rest have a heavily checked bellies.

It's kinda like his normal anery belly that I've just found expect even less black. And there's no black sort of outlining the belly.
http://www.herpcenter.com/corn-snakes/18714-07-anery-corn-snake-white-belly.html

I will get pictures though.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2010 :  11:01:36  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've never seen such a clear belly on an Anery. Some have more checkers than others but it is still deffinitely a regular type A Anery because there are still checkers on the upper and lower body.

Would be better if you could get pics of yours up though.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2010 :  23:42:56  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

It's kinda like his normal anery belly that I've just found expect even less black. And there's no black sort of outlining the belly.
http://www.herpcenter.com/corn-snakes/18714-07-anery-corn-snake-white-belly.html

theres a possibility that the corn in those pics is a chimera (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_%28genetics%29) because its showing what looks like bits of motley pattern (both dorsally and laterally) and bits of normal pattern as well as the odd belly.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  18:32:59  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have a feeling that she is just a normal anery but I would like to make sure since her belly and body colour a lighter than the rest of the anerys. One of the two Carolina's belly is almost identical to this one's cept there's a very small hint of pink on the belly and again, it looks nothing like the other carolina.

Sorry for the not so clear pictures, wiggly but at least for one there was no striking.

Past the neck area shown there is virtually no marks.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  19:40:15  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Could you get pictures from the top aswell?

I can't help as to why it ahs such a plain belly but Eeji may well be able to help and a picture from the top may well help him to identify why.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  19:41:13  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
there is also a chance that they are bred from upper keys lines, they have very few belly chequers

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  20:05:59  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Opps sorry, I did mean to include a top shot

I don't think it shows the true colour very well. The saddles are more like a grey brown but looking at other photos it just seems like this one is just a slightly paler anery.

I've never heard of upper keys before. All I know is that the dad is a normal looking wild and the mum is an anery, both have normal amounts of chequers on the belly.

Edit: Gosh, the upper key baby here looks like one of the babies. http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/rosyrat/pics/rosyrat-h.jpg

Edited by - Sta~ple on 15/04/2010 20:46:17
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000