not eating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2010 :  16:09:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my cornsnake is 2 years old i think he has finished the breeding season as he is not trying to escape anymore.still quite active and regularly drinks water he has just sheddded.a bit concerned as last weekend took a fuzzie straight away tried this weekend did not want to know any ideas welcome

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2010 :  16:16:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please could anyone help.
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2010 :  17:05:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he might not have been hungry, some corns when coming out of their fast will eat one week and then not the other,my royals have done that this year - they will eat one week and then decide they are not interested the next
unless there has been a massive weight loss then i wouldnt worry too much

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  06:46:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine are in the same situation Kayla....they are coming to the end of being horny, but both are still off their food. I did manage to get the younger one (Silvesta who is now blue) to feed 2 weeks in a row by warming the mouse and then slitting its stomach and putting it in a shoe box with Silvesta. That worked a couple of times but then he refused again his last feed. I think it is just a case of keep on trying and when they are ready they will feed. I have pointed out a link about non-feeding snakes in your topic about braining as I think that they sometimes need something to get their feeding instincts to kick in after not eating for so long.

Do you weigh your corn? If so has he lost a lot of weight or just a little? If you dont then it is probably worthwhile starting to, just so you can be sure that he is only losing a small amount, meaning it is a natural fast due to breeding season....rather than a large amount of weight which could mean that there is another problem.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000