Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

toasterbot123
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  17:56:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you so much for this post it is really helpful seeing as I am freaking out right now but have done what you said about the thermostat and have put a water dish and some pinkies down as well as turning the light on in his tank and seeing as I have already turned the house upside down I guess all I can do is wait with crossed fingers

Go to Top of Page

Clairetaryn
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  09:00:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really need help my two month old corn snake escaped last night and I don't know what to do! I have turned the front room where they r kept upside Down and then realised he could have left the room etc I have only had him five days and am learning about them as I go but where the hell could he b ? He is due to b fed tomorrow so does that mean he will come out for it of I put it out? Sorry I'm panicking as I don't want him Hurt an I have cats too!!
Go to Top of Page

Welshlamb
Yearling

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2012 :  13:24:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jee this is terrible. I had a scare this morning, as I know my corn has most of his fun during the night. I always fear to come down and he's escaped his viv. This morning I thought he'd done a fast one and then I discovered him hiding deep in substrate. Big deep breathe!

I have the vivx 24" vivarium and fear that he may get out. Although he is about 10 - 15" long and I have watched him try to squeeze through the glass. I only hope that he does not get lost or worse injured.

Can't wait until he's put more weight on...

I hope that all of you manage to find your corns and wish you the best of luck as I can understand your pain
Go to Top of Page

Lozzy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1556 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2012 :  14:55:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Welshlamb

Jee this is terrible. I had a scare this morning, as I know my corn has most of his fun during the night. I always fear to come down and he's escaped his viv. This morning I thought he'd done a fast one and then I discovered him hiding deep in substrate. Big deep breathe!

I have the vivx 24" vivarium and fear that he may get out. Although he is about 10 - 15" long and I have watched him try to squeeze through the glass. I only hope that he does not get lost or worse injured.

I hope that all of you manage to find your corns and wish you the best of luck as I can understand your pain

These spine bars will fit the glass and make you feel a bit better about snakey getting between the glass

0.1 CB10 Snow Cornsnake - Galaxy ~(Currently MIA)
1.0 CB11 Ultramel Anery Consnake -Orion
0.1 CB11 Lavender Cornsnake - Star
0.1 Leopard Gecko-Simo
1.1 Jack Russell-T.J and Harley (Minature)
1.1 Cats-Rascal and Dizzee
1.0 TB Horse-Mickey
Go to Top of Page

Welshlamb
Yearling

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2012 :  18:01:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lozzy

quote:
Originally posted by Welshlamb

These spine bars will fit the glass and make you feel a bit better about snakey getting between the glass

Do you mean the ones that come on A4 books? I'll try that out
Go to Top of Page

Welshlamb
Yearling

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  13:14:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone thought of making a guide of things needed for vivs and precautions that should be made. As if I had never been on this forum my little pal, would be missing by now.

I was not aware that the vents where in the wrong way round and could be pushed through.
Also did not realise that they could squash through the glass panels.
Also info about bulb cages was useful and I have now removed and decided to use led's

May have already been done.
Go to Top of Page

Welshlamb
Yearling

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2012 :  09:06:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any one had any luck recovering their lost snakes? Would be really nice to hear some success stories. Never give up!
Go to Top of Page

lukehughes72
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  17:35:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My corn has escaped twice on me now! The first time I searched for hours not finding it and was really worried! The next morning I found it at the bottom of set of drawers! How it got in there I dont know! The second time it got to the top of my cupboard and sat behind all my books! Always remember to just keep the door shut in the room where your snake/snakes are and you have a better chance of finding them in the one room rather than the whole house!
Go to Top of Page

nkitch
Snake Mite

14 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2012 :  00:34:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I lost my snake for over a month......turned the house upside down several times to no avail. Then one night I heard a noise upstairs and there she was on the landing ! I did seek advice from a reptile keeper at a local zoo, he said don't worry it will turn up .......he was right !
Go to Top of Page

Lozzy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1556 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2012 :  09:36:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im still holding out hope for my little madam, she has been gone about 6/7 months now!

0.1 CB10 Snow Cornsnake - Galaxy ~(Currently MIA)
1.0 CB11 Ultramel Anery Consnake -Orion
0.1 CB11 Lavender Cornsnake - Star
0.1 Leopard Gecko-Simo
1.1 Jack Russell-T.J and Harley (Minature)
1.1 Cats-Rascal and Dizzee
1.0 TB Horse-Mickey
Go to Top of Page

Isoldael
Yearling

Netherlands
999 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2012 :  11:24:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My little hatchie from last year (Pinky), who shouldn't be so little anymore, still hasn't turned up either. I feel that chances she'll return are slim, but I'll keep on hoping... :)

1.0 anery stripe (Nash)
1.0 hypo pewter (Loki)
1.0 bloodred het amel, charcoal, hypo, stripe 50% phet anery, lavender (Kasumi)
0.1 grey background normal het amel (Saphira)
0.1 tessera het amel, anery, stripe (Lilith)
0.1 amel (Aurora)
0.1 hypo bloodred het anery, charcoal, stripe 50% phet amel, lavender (Mara)
Go to Top of Page

hopeful_corn_owner
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2014 :  19:51:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Inca (my Anery) managed to escape her vivarium at some point on Friday when I was out at work. She was in her Viv which was locked completely when I left for work (about 7am)....come back home (6pm) to find Inca missing...it took nearly 3 hours of searching for her...and where did we find her...on top of the toilet cistern (thankfully not inside it). She had managed to escape through a hole in my wall where the heater pipes went lol!

Needless to say that I am now looking for a more secure lock for my Vivarium now lol.

Julia x

Owned by:
1.0.0 - Carolina Corn Snake - Aztec
0.1.0 - Anery Corn Snake - Inca (unconfirmed sex - I just think she is a she lol)
0.1.0 - Brachypelma auratum Tarantula - Mystery (again unconfirmed but I still think she's a girl lol)
0.1.0 - Chile Gold Burst Tarantula - Truffle (again unconfirmed lol)
0.1.0 - Chaco Golden Knee Tarantula - Zoe (again uncomfirmed lol)
0.0.1 - Brazilian Black Tarantula - Jet
0.1.0 - Syrian Hamster - Lily
0.1.0 - Cat - Winnie
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  07:37:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I haven't commented earlier Julia. Your snake has shown just how brilliant at escape our corns are. I'm just glad that she didn't stray far, although I'm sure those 3 hrs felt like a lot longer!

Xxx

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000