New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tk72
Hatchling

United Kingdom
494 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2014 :  09:42:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Put Cola in her feeding box the other night. All well and good while she was eating. Put the usual few books on top of the box to prevent lid being pushed off. Put telly on. Watching program and heard a knocking sound! Though it was kids upstairs and went to see as they should have been asleep. I was ready to shout at them for mucking about. Into bedrooms and both asleep. Back down stairs and into room. Looked at Cola to check ok. And there she was pushing the lid up and trying to get out. Just not able to push it up far enough. Think it's time for a new feeding box with lockable handles.

tk72
Hatchling

United Kingdom
494 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2014 :  09:44:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any one else had a near miss?
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2014 :  09:56:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I weigh mine in a shoebox and then they're left in there while I sort out their food. All three of my adult males have tried to escape by pushing up the lid so I now do what you do, put something heavy on top. Doesn't stop them trying though.

Closest near miss I've had was when I was feeding Casper on a towel on the lounge floor. Gave him his food and walked through to his viv to change his water, etc. Came back to find he's eaten much quicker than expected and was heading at full speed under the sofa! Had to do a very gentle catch because I didn't want to cause a regurge. Lesson learnt, never leave the snakes unattended when they're eating, even for a few seconds.

Xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000