Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hopeful_corn_owner
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2014 :  22:46:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it's happened to me now as well.

On Friday my Mum offered to feed Inca and Aztec for me as I was really unwell and lying on the sofa - so naturally I accepted the offer.

But - what I hadn't realised is that she had actually put out mice for both snakes before she left for work that day - it was about 7pm when she fed them.

I walked into the bedroom when I saw that Inca was already halfway through her mouse (medium sized) and that Mum had just opened the packet for Aztec (pinky sized)...but told her to stop when I realised that Aztec's mouse had gone off. Thankfully Mum threw that one away and got a fresh frozen pinky and defrosted it for Aztec, but then I asked whether the one that Inca was finishing off had been defrosting since that morning or had she just done a fresh frozen defrost for her...and that's when Mum told me...and I must admit, she really was upset as she'd realised that Inca's mouse, although it looked fine on the outside...it probably had gone off inside. I had to forgive her though as she hadn't realised what had happened as it was only her second time of feeding Aztec and Inca...but as I was expecting - Inca did regurge her mouse back up and needless to say - it pretty much made me want to when I saw it lol.

So for now, I have given Inca a large bowl of fresh water and going to leave it for 10 days and see how she goes then.

Never mind x

Julz xx

Owned by:
1.0.0 - Carolina Corn Snake - Aztec
0.1.0 - Anery Corn Snake - Inca (unconfirmed sex - I just think she is a she lol)
0.1.0 - Brachypelma auratum Tarantula - Mystery (again unconfirmed but I still think she's a girl lol)
0.1.0 - Chile Gold Burst Tarantula - Truffle (again unconfirmed lol)
0.1.0 - Chaco Golden Knee Tarantula - Zoe (again uncomfirmed lol)
0.0.1 - Brazilian Black Tarantula - Jet
0.1.0 - Syrian Hamster - Lily
0.1.0 - Cat - Winnie

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2014 :  09:09:27  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh dear. I bet your poor Mum feels very guilty.
Give Inca a couple of weeks to recover and then feed her again. I'm sure she'll be fine.
Hope you feel better now and can enjoy Christmas.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2014 :  09:17:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One good thing is - at least you know why she regurged, and also, it's much better that she'd regurged, rather than getting food poisoning. Hopefully, with a nice break, she will be fine, at it will give you more free time at Christmas :-)

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2014 :  11:05:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Razee has made a good point, in that the mouse was definitely better out than in. I know how horrible it is when a snake regurges but at least you know why. Give her the extra time to recover and offer her a smaller prey size if you have or the smallest medium mouse. She should be fine.

I do hope you are feeling better and can enjoy Christmas.

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2014 :  18:03:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As everyone has at least you know why, so should be ok next feed

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

hopeful_corn_owner
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2014 :  22:42:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for their get well wishes for Inca and myself x

herriotfan - Yep, Mum keeps asking me how Inca is today...she's a lot brighter in herself thankfully.

Razee and Kellog - Definitely - as soon as I realised that Inca had re-gurged - I was straight on here to double check as to what to do if it happened...and really glad that I am using the right advice - so thank you xx

SBB - True - Here's to hoping Inca does feed when the 'non - feeding' period has past.

As for my health though - I wish I could get better, but sadly my body and health condition says otherwise...but hey ho - I've had it since I was about 7 years old...guess I can deal with it for now...but definite thank you's for the well wishes xx

Julz xx

Owned by:
0.1.0 - Anery Corn Snake - Inca (unconfirmed sex - I just think she is a she lol)
0.1.0 - Brachypelma auratum Tarantula - Mystery (again unconfirmed but I still think she's a girl lol)
0.1.0 - Cat - Winnie
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2014 :  08:10:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's great having a member who does enough research to know what needs to be done but still double checks on here . Inca is blessed to have you as her owner .

You sound like me when you talk about your health. I've been ill for 25yrs....now I'm showing my age . Slow deterioration and no idea if I'll ever get better or just worse. But life goes on and my snakes help with that .

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2014 :  17:49:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm more in the middle of you both with 12 years chronic back pain, disc missing, fun being in pain isnt it

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2014 :  20:47:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My OH doesn't post on Facebook much but he did a status quoting me after I'd been signed off by the physio as there was nothing they could do - 'Maybe I'm too comfortable with my pain' . Sounds awful but Ive found I've gotten used to living with it.

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

hopeful_corn_owner
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2015 :  22:06:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SBB and Kellog - Ouch to you both and sending (((hugs)))

Onto Inca's news - after leaving it for the 10 days (possibly a little longer as I only fed her this afternoon) I was tentative about whether or not she was ready to feed so just got a small mouse (next sized down from medium) and....she wolfed it down with no problems whatsoever and was even eager for more lol!! :D So I'm really happy that she seems back to normal now :-)

Julz xx

Owned by:
0.1.0 - Cat - Winnie
Go to Top of Page

LadySybil
Hatchling

United Kingdom
231 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2015 :  00:07:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember when Vimes regurged, its scary when it's the first time it happens and you have no idea why. Luckily the likes of kellog help you to stay calm and reassure you that you are doing the right thing.

Sounds like Inca was glad to see her food.

Pewsey regurged the other day but I think that is because he ate then shed. Now I know that, like Vimes, he can't eat until he has come out of blue and shed. He is on the 10 day diet and not happy about it lol.

As to the ill health.... It will be 28 years this year for me, if it was a prison sentence it would be called a lifer!
Kellog, its amazing how we get used to some of the pain, its like background noise that's just a little too loud; annoying, irritating but you can cope with it. Well until some fecker decides they like the song and puts it on full blast.

0.1 Corn- Carolina- Lady Sybil Deidre Olgivanna Vimes (née Ramkin), Duchess of Ankh
1.0 Corn- Granite het charcoal- His Grace, His Excellency, The Duke of Ankh; Commander Sir Samuel Vimes.
1.0 MBK- Feegle
1.0 corn- anery/ghost motley, Pewsey Ogg
0.2 Cat- Tat and Gytha
Go to Top of Page

coxymk2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1245 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2015 :  11:57:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luckily never had a regurge. Sounds like we are a load of old crocks lol. I take a thousand pills a month but still suffer. I started snake keeping to help in exercising my hands I think it helps to take my mind off things so off to the knackers yard I go lol

0.0.1 ANERY (Liquorice)
0.0.1 CAROLINA (Bangle)
0.0.1 AMEL (Boozer)
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2015 :  09:37:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so glad Inca was eager to eat and I'm guessing she's kept it down . Regurges are horrible and worrying, especially when you can't work out why it's happened. That's interesting about Pewsey LadySybil. I've heard about this happening a few times where snakes have regurged due to shedding. I must admit I've never fed mine when they're blue and on the odd occasion when Ive missed them turning blue they've refused to eat.

Love your description of our loud background music. So true.

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

LadySybil
Hatchling

United Kingdom
231 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2015 :  13:18:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't sure if Pewsey would eat or not, it had been about a week and a bit since he cleared but still hadn't shed yet. So I offered to see if he would eat and he took it. Then promptly shed that night and regurged.

Sybil will eat no matter what or when, Vimes won't even entertain food when he is going into blue and all the time during until he sheds, Feegle.... Well I'll let you know when the little sod starts eatting again. At least I know that Pewsey can't eat in blue now, even if he thinks he can lol.

0.1 Corn- Carolina- Lady Sybil Deidre Olgivanna Vimes (née Ramkin), Duchess of Ankh
1.0 Corn- Granite het charcoal- His Grace, His Excellency, The Duke of Ankh; Commander Sir Samuel Vimes.
1.0 MBK- Feegle
0.2 Cat- Tat and Gytha
Go to Top of Page

LadySybil
Hatchling

United Kingdom
231 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2015 :  13:26:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use the music thing to describe pain levels to Drs, it's one of a few things they understand if they don't live in chronic pain.

Though I usually describe as screamy/shouty/ think slipknot type music (that works really well for people that don't like that form of music). Though the meds I am now get rid of the low level background music and leave me with the loud, horrible music.

1.0 MBK- Feegle
0.2 Cat- Tat and Gytha
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000