Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chequers
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2015 :  20:24:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

I'm in the process of setting up Loki's move from faun into a 2ft viv (intermediate step to big viv). I've used aquarium sealant to keep heatmat and vents in place but how long do I need to leave it before Loki can move in. I only ask because I did it all on Monday and left it for 24 hours before putting the glass back in. I thought nothing of it until a couple of days later I opened the doors and there was a distinct smell of sealant.

Also what's the best way to secure decorations that are likely to get knocked over eg my son has bought a mini rainbow ornament for his snake but she'll knock it over if she goes over it as she's quite big now.

All advice greatly appreciated

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2015 :  21:34:55  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would leave the glass out until the smell has gone but as it has been five days or so it should be about done by now. If you have a hot glue gun that works well for fixing things down.

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

chequers
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2015 :  09:34:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks Donnie. I left it open for a couple of days and it seemed fine so Loki is now in his new viv and loving it
I don't have a hot glue gun - are they expensive? Presumably I'd need to go to a DIY shop to find one?

Edited by - chequers on 04/03/2015 09:35:19
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2015 :  19:05:41  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I got mine at b & q and I don't remember how much it was but i think it was about £12-£14

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

Charles
Hatchling

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2015 :  22:51:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got mine from hobbycraft. About a tenner

1.1.0 Jim Caramel Tessera, Rosie Motley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly