THECORNSNAKE.co.uk and Sister sites FOR SALE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lewy
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
2874 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2013 :  10:44:08  Show Profile  Visit Lewy's Homepage  Click to see Lewy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
After long deliberation I've decided to sell the following websites...

www.thecornsnake.co.uk
www.thekingsnake.co.uk
www.theroyalpython.co.uk
www.therainbowboa.co.uk
www.thehognosesnake.co.uk
www.theamphibian.co.uk
www.thereptilian.co.uk

Unfortunately I do not have time to work on the websites as I would like and the day has come where I feel they should go to a better home.

Over the years I have been very reluctant to put advertising on the forums and the websites - out of respect to the sites users. However to run so many websites on a dedicated server solely on donations (more so my own pocket) is proving impossible.

The websites do get massive amounts of traffic and they rank extremely high (the top of the organic search engines for most related search terms) so in the right hands (and ones with more time than mine) could be made into a highly profitable business.

The sites were set up by me over the years as two hobbies combined (snake keeping and website design) they have been up and running for almost 10 years with only a few minor interruptions due to server relocation.

Anyone with interest in purchasing the domain names and current website content please contact me at snakesites@lewy.co.uk - serious inquiries only please.

Like I say I want the sites to go to the right people (preferably all together as a set) over the years I've spent thousands of pounds of my own money keeping these sites alive... in the right hands someone could make thousands from them. If you are interested and would like more details (traffic stats, technical details) please get in touch.

I'm just gauging interest at the moment. eventually I will probably set up an auction for the websites.

It'll be sad to see the sites go after so long, but I really haven't got the time they deserve.

Over the years I have met some truly amazing and lovely people through the forums, many of which are now true friends. I'd like to just say thanks to everyone that made that journey and the cornsnake/king/royal etc communities so great! I hope that whoever does purchase the websites will continue to keep that bustling and friendly community going.

Special thanks to Alison Wolstenholme, Darren Burkhill, Piers Taverner, Graeme MacIntosh, Lee Banfield, a33272, HannahB, Phil BennettKehhlyr, Kellog, lucifer, matty18714, Paulusworm, sexychef, Sta~ple, Tizzy, deadmansfinger, magneticblue, Triangulum (I know I've missed a few of you some somewhere - mods please feel free to tag/share with anyone I've stupidly missed) and everyone else who's been involved over the years across all the sites. Thanks to all the members - I hope to find someone who will keep the forums going as they have done all these years.

Major thanks to my dear Karen Kazerella, I'm not sure the sites would have carried on so long without your dedication to both me and kingering out of hand forum members ;)

Kind Regards,
Lewy - Owner and founder of www.thecornsnake.co.uk

- I'm just gauging interest at the moment - the sites will carry on as normal until I have organised what I am going to do... I'm hoping to find someone who has the passion and time to make these sites as good as the should be (even if they tag on a online shop to make it profitable as well as the community hub for snake owners it is now) There's lots to think about.

Thanks again everyone!

Lewy

THE CORN SNAKE.co.uk Team

ScaryVonHayleystine
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1773 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2013 :  21:46:33  Show Profile  Visit ScaryVonHayleystine's Homepage  Click to see ScaryVonHayleystine's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What's going to happen if no ones able to take over? Will this site just die?

Albino Addiction ... <3
0.1.0 - Creamsicle Cornsnake (Mo)
1.0.0 - Bubblegum Snow Corn (Gabriel)
1.0.0 - Lavendar 100% Het Hypo Corn (Ezra)
1.0.0 - Bairds Rat Snake (Lazarus)
0.0.1 - Crested Gecko (Pan)
Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2013 :  07:58:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just hope that someone wonderful picks up the reins and carries on ! I have nothing but genuine appreciation for this site, the advice, help and humour have been fantastic. The support everyone gets is incredible. Huge thanks to all involved.

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

cobweb251
Hatchling

United Kingdom
435 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2013 :  09:13:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The same feeling is felt here also. Always a huge help.

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2013 :  20:02:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've absolutely taken this wonderful site for granted, never thinking about the incredible amounts of hard work (and money) that go on behind the scenes to set it up and keep it all running so smoothly. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Without the site and the forum I would never have had the courage to get my snakes and my life would be the poorer for it. Thanks Lewy xxx.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

Ravenwolf90
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2013 :  04:26:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey lewy, I'm so sad that I have only just found this site and you may not have it much longer. Ive not been here long but this is an amazing and really useful site and I wish I had found it earlier when I first started keeping snakes. I have sent you an email..feel free to ignore it if I'm not what your looking for..:)
Go to Top of Page

Freddiesmum
Sub Adult

1083 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2013 :  08:44:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad to hear this, the site has been unbelievably helpful to me.

Thanks for the hard work you put into it to keep it going.....fingers crossed it continues in the future

1.1.0 Corn Snakes, Oscar the Golddust Motley, Emmy the Ultramel Anery
2.0.0 Cats, Yoda and Ed
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, Masuka
1.0.0 Western Hognose Snake - Hugo

Edited by - Freddiesmum on 23/07/2013 08:45:11
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2013 :  09:35:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love this forum, really hope it continues.

Go to Top of Page

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2013 :  11:52:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know how I missed this post, it's a wonderful place. Are there any updates on what's happening?

1.2.4 Corn Snakes - Carolina, 2 x Bloodred het Lavender, Amel, Snow, Anery and Carolina.
0.0.1 Cali King - Ziggy - escaped!!
RIP Princess x
Go to Top of Page

Welshlamb
Yearling

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2013 :  09:29:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I emailed but had no response
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5316 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2013 :  12:29:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the email doesnt work on this site at the moment, I shall try to get you a suitable email to contact Lewy directly.

Go to Top of Page

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2013 :  16:41:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
try his other lewyatlewycouk

1.2.4 Corn Snakes - Carolina, 2 x Bloodred het Lavender, Amel, Snow, Anery and Carolina.
0.0.1 Cali King - Ziggy - escaped!!
RIP Princess x
Go to Top of Page

Welshlamb
Yearling

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2013 :  18:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you
Go to Top of Page

TallyDB
Hatchling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2013 :  21:53:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, very new here but will be very disappointed if the forum fades away. Has been soo helpful already
Go to Top of Page

rockroyal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2015 :  18:44:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So what's the situation now ?? Any update .

1.0.0 corn snake
0.1.0 royal python
0.1.0 hognose

Who moved the light at the end of the tunnel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000