Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptile Photos
 My Newest "Job"(involved with the furry kind)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AcidicAngel
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1212 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2015 :  02:17:30  Show Profile  Click to see AcidicAngel's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As a lot of you will know, I have two male cats myself. Sox and Tiger, both neutered and chipped. Indoor cats and all lol.
Well, on top of those two I have a little foster girl called Lily. I have been working with her for 3 weeks now. She's an ex-street cat(stray basically) who was born on the streets. Her mum(now named Hoopla and in a home) was pregnant this time last year, around about the 1st September 2014 she disappeared. When she re-emerged she had 5 kittens with her.
This soon dwindled to 4, two black kittens and two torties.
Action had to be taken because Hoopla was pregnant AGAIN earlier this year. She was a stray cat being repeatedly mated and having kittens all over the place. So she was trapped and went on to have a beautiful bunch of kittens in her "foster" home, which is now her permanent home lol.

Her two tortie daughters were trapped but were too feral to live in a home so are now living in a stable(where they get fed daily) as ratters/mousers. They were both spayed.

The little black boy was taken in by my mum when he got trapped on the neighbours outhouse, he took to home life really easily however he also suffers seizures so is seeing vets about that to try and figure out what it is(diabetes, epilepsy, etc.)...

And then there's the last girl. My little foster girl. She was trapped, taken to the vets and spayed/flead/wormed there and then.
Then she was dropped off at mine, where she lives in a crate(with roaming time, she's not in it 24/7) in the living room.
She was heavily pregnant when trapped, heavily pregnant at about 10 months old... A video of her about a week before we trapped her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaKNlpVtEA
She was terminated for her own safety more than anything, a kitten having kittens is unacceptable IMO.

When she first arrived she was understandably terrified and spent most of her time cowering at the back of her crate, only coming over to eat and use her litter tray and then back over to her corner. She would try and move her bed to hide behind it when you went near her.
Now, 3 weeks later, she's still a little bit nervous and not 100% settled but she will actively seek attention now when you go near her crate. She comes to the front and she has a real fuss on the carpet in front. She also sports a safety clip collar in the lovely shade of hot pink now lol.

Hopefully soon she will be ready for her forever home!

And on top of all that.... I have another boy coming into foster when he's been trapped, neutered/flead/wormed and FIV checked(if he comes back negative of course). This boy will be called Adonis, he's a beautiful Ginger & White boy who I have been personally feeding across at my mums. By personally I mean he will now actively eat out of my hand(but will not allow me to touch him) :)
This is the best photo I have of him so far and it's on of him still outside.

At the minute he looks more Ginger & Grey but hopefully we'll get him cleaned up.

Corn Snakes.
1.0 Butter - Cereus.
1.0 Caramel Stripe het Amel - Vladimir.
0.1 Normal het Amel, Caramel, Hypo - Amara.
0.1 Masque het Amel, Anery, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, Lavender, Stripe - Aurelia.
1.0 Masque Anery het Amel, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, lavender, Stripe - Orion.
Leopard Gecko's.
Too many to list!!
Rat Snake.
1.0 Yellow Rat Snake - Leviathan(Levi)
Western Hognoses
1.0 Normal 50% poss het Frosted(Dutch Hypo, Caramel) - Thorne.
0.1 Frosted - Rose.
1.0 Anaconda het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Titan.
0.1 Normal het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Nyx.
R.I.P Pandora & Sakana, entwined in my heart forever my darlings.

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2015 :  20:54:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are doing a fantastic job. I miss not having cats, but it was always me having to do the cat tray,and go up and down stairs to let them out/in, easier with my back to stick to reptiles

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

AcidicAngel
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1212 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2015 :  22:15:43  Show Profile  Click to see AcidicAngel's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

You are doing a fantastic job. I miss not having cats, but it was always me having to do the cat tray,and go up and down stairs to let them out/in, easier with my back to stick to reptiles

Thank you, Adonis was trapped tonight. He'll be going to the vets tomorrow for his FIV check, flea/worm and neuter and hopefully be back with me on Tuesday :)

Corn Snakes.
1.0 Butter - Cereus.
0.1 Masque het Amel, Anery, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, Lavender, Stripe - Aurelia.
Leopard Gecko's.
Too many to list!!
Rat Snake.
Western Hognoses
0.1 Frosted - Rose.
Go to Top of Page

Freddiesmum
Sub Adult

1083 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2015 :  10:26:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck with Adonis

1.1.0 Corn Snakes, Oscar the Golddust Motley, Emmy the Ultramel Anery
2.0.0 Cats, Yoda and Ed
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, Masuka
1.0.0 Western Hognose Snake - Hugo
Go to Top of Page

AcidicAngel
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1212 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2015 :  12:34:07  Show Profile  Click to see AcidicAngel's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Freddiesmum

Good luck with Adonis

Thank you, he'll be here soon hopefully. Just waiting for the text.

Corn Snakes.
1.0 Butter - Cereus.
Leopard Gecko's.
Too many to list!!
Rat Snake.
Western Hognoses
0.1 Frosted - Rose.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000