New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DrogoSnow
Snake Mite

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2016 :  17:11:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, I'm super concerned at the moment, my little guy got a full tank clean today as is schedual for him. while cleaning I noticed there was zero deficate or urate in the tank anywhere, now normally i check once weekly for deficate but this month got really busy. anyways i placed him in the bath to help his bowels move while i cleaned his tank out. when i finished i wassuprised to find he had pooped i was glad at first. upon closer inspection there are the normal things like fur in the poop and what not. what concerns me is there is a green mudlike substance that i have never seen before in his poops. just wondering if anyone else has had to deal with this problem or even if it is a problem.

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2016 :  20:32:54  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hmm I'm not sure, does he seem ok in himself? I would wait till he poops again, if it looks the same, vet if not, it's probably nothing

Just thought maybe it's got something to do with the stomach contents of his prey?

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

DrogoSnow
Snake Mite

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  18:36:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He does seem fine himself so i guess i'll do that. never thought of the preys stomach contents affecting him.... thank you.
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  19:41:10  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Don't take my word as law, was just a guess haha

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2016 :  07:21:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How old is your snake, and how often do you feed and what size prey?

My adult female, Bazilishka, had this on couple of occasions, when she didn't poop for a very long time ( for example, didn't poop after feeding, then gone blue ). It seems to happen when the poop has been in them for too long.

If it keeps happening, you could always have her poop tested for parasites, just to be on the safe side. I don't know if you can do this in Canada, but over here you can send a sample straight to the labs, or some vets can perform " in house testing" quite cheaply.

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly