The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Not eaten for a month

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
asmodias Posted - 09/03/2013 : 14:28:37
Hey! I'm not overly concerned but I'd like to play it safe.
I have an adult corn (male) who's a really big guy, he weighs in at about 700g. He hasn't eaten for a month now and for about 2-3 of those weeks he was in shed. He came out of shed about a week ago and didn't fancy a meal and over the next couple of days started clearing his bowels.

He still hasn't eaten this week around and I'm starting to get a little nervous. When I got him I was told he was a very fussy eater.

He doesn't seem to exhibit any problems. Clear eyes, nose, smells around a lot, quite active, friendly, and as noted before poops well.

Should I be concerned?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sw1fty84 Posted - 16/03/2013 : 21:17:31
IN a similar situation i have a 4year old male carolina and a 3 year old female both not feeding. Its been a month today for both of them and neither have once missed a feed.

I introduced the female to the male last week and they seemed to make all the moves for mating but i didnt witness it happen so im just hoping they have.

This being said tho both of them have still decided not to feed today. Both are ( like said above ) very active but i have noticed a drop i weight with both of them.

Is this just because of breeding season or should i be worried?
rockroyal Posted - 09/03/2013 : 19:25:28
Totally normal my 4 foot male is off feed at the moment
paulie78 Posted - 09/03/2013 : 18:30:31
Yup quite normal Eddie went 6 weeks last year but seems to be eating consistently this year lol
Moppet Posted - 09/03/2013 : 18:02:03
That sounds normal for this time of year He's probably got his mind on the ladies...
Auld Baldy Posted - 09/03/2013 : 15:14:40
As long as he's active there is nothing to worry about. He'll probably appear a lot more active and shimmying along the glass with a lot of nose rubbing. I've had one go without for 4+ months and Dan's Plisskin holds the forum record of 5 months. Just keep the water fresh and offer a smaller mouse every other normal feed week.
smart bunny Posted - 09/03/2013 : 14:51:35
Perfectly normal at this time of year - it's breeding season so males often go off their food for a while, can be up to 4 months I believe. At that size it's not going to do him any harm - just keep an eye on his weight to make sure he doesn't lose too much. :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000