New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

asmodias
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  14:28:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey! I'm not overly concerned but I'd like to play it safe.
I have an adult corn (male) who's a really big guy, he weighs in at about 700g. He hasn't eaten for a month now and for about 2-3 of those weeks he was in shed. He came out of shed about a week ago and didn't fancy a meal and over the next couple of days started clearing his bowels.

He still hasn't eaten this week around and I'm starting to get a little nervous. When I got him I was told he was a very fussy eater.

He doesn't seem to exhibit any problems. Clear eyes, nose, smells around a lot, quite active, friendly, and as noted before poops well.

Should I be concerned?

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  14:51:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perfectly normal at this time of year - it's breeding season so males often go off their food for a while, can be up to 4 months I believe. At that size it's not going to do him any harm - just keep an eye on his weight to make sure he doesn't lose too much. :)

Go to Top of Page

Auld Baldy
Ikea's Pimp

United Kingdom
1619 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  15:14:40  Show Profile  Visit Auld Baldy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As long as he's active there is nothing to worry about. He'll probably appear a lot more active and shimmying along the glass with a lot of nose rubbing. I've had one go without for 4+ months and Dan's Plisskin holds the forum record of 5 months. Just keep the water fresh and offer a smaller mouse every other normal feed week.

1.0.0: Miami Normal: Taggart
0.0.1: Carolina Normal: Wee Woody
0.0.1: Grey Rat Snake: Mirkey
0.0.1: Amel Corn: Blaze
1.0.0: Carpet Python: Vambo
0.0.1: MBK: Fester
0.0.1: Florida King Snake : Rattler (Rattle & Hum)
0.0.1. California King Snake: El Diablo Diego
0.2.0 Tarantulas : Ermintrude & Euphemia.
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  18:02:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds normal for this time of year He's probably got his mind on the ladies...

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  18:30:31  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yup quite normal Eddie went 6 weeks last year but seems to be eating consistently this year lol

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

rockroyal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  19:25:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Totally normal my 4 foot male is off feed at the moment

1.0.0 corn snake
0.1.0 royal python
0.1.0 hognose

Who moved the light at the end of the tunnel
Go to Top of Page

Sw1fty84
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2013 :  21:17:31  Show Profile  Click to see Sw1fty84's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
IN a similar situation i have a 4year old male carolina and a 3 year old female both not feeding. Its been a month today for both of them and neither have once missed a feed.

I introduced the female to the male last week and they seemed to make all the moves for mating but i didnt witness it happen so im just hoping they have.

This being said tho both of them have still decided not to feed today. Both are ( like said above ) very active but i have noticed a drop i weight with both of them.

Is this just because of breeding season or should i be worried?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000