The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Braining

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 29/05/2010 : 16:26:10
Hey. i heard recently about braining and wondered how you do it. If someone could please let me know. I would be most grateful thnk you.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 30/05/2010 : 06:40:23
If you check out this topic Kayla it will tell you about braining and other methods to encourage non-feeders: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3720

xxx
n/a Posted - 29/05/2010 : 20:59:03
thnk you very much to everyone
Sta~ple Posted - 29/05/2010 : 19:44:53
Braining is't that bad... although I have only ever done it with pinkies, the juicey brain just looks kinda like white shower gel... I'm am very squeamish and I'm prone to fainting and I managed it, although I was shaking a lot and did throw up a bit after :/ but that was nerves.

It might be easier if you um poke a hole in the mouse somehow or as someone else said, squeeze the nose until blood coes out as sometimes the smell/taste of blood encourages them to eat.
n/a Posted - 29/05/2010 : 18:37:09
i snip its head with a pair of nail scissors
herriotfan Posted - 29/05/2010 : 18:11:16
You could also try a tip I heard of...squeeze the nose of the mouse quite hard until it bleeds or 'mushy' stuff comes out, that can be a little better for the squeamish! Some of the members on the forum cut into the mouse to expose the tummy, that might help too. I'm afraid there are some aspects of snake care that leave the fainthearted feeling bad. Sometimes it's a case of gritting your teeth Good luck.
HannahB Posted - 29/05/2010 : 17:02:04
depends on what size the mouse is that being brained,
if its a pinkie then i just used to get a knife and poke the tip into the mouses head (i bought some knives specially for the snakes!) but if its a fuzzy or bigger you can use a knife or a clean small screwdriver and hit the point through the skull.. it can make a nasty sound but if you do it with the right amount of force you should only have to attempt it once,you can then squish the head around a bit so some liquid comes out but if you have a weak stomach then it might not be a good idea to - the feeling isnt very nice!
hope this helps

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000