The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 quick q

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
connorg96 Posted - 04/12/2010 : 21:28:33
if i bought a mini fan (exo terra) and a double mat stat would i be able to do it so that if the temp went over 28 the fan would come on?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kehhlyr Posted - 04/12/2010 : 22:22:38
Some greenhouse heater stats are good for that.
I'm gonna pilfer the one out of my greenhouse if the need ever arises.
It's designed to automatically open the 2 hopper windows and the slatted one if the heat gets above a set temperature, so could easily be rigged to power a couple of fans instead of opening the windows.
connorg96 Posted - 04/12/2010 : 22:10:22
thanks
eeji Posted - 04/12/2010 : 22:06:17
mat stats work the wrong way around to provide cooling, you'll need one that switches power on (instead of off) when the temperature gets too high.

I looked into these when I was planning a big iguana enclosure, I'll see if I can find a link for you.
lotabob Posted - 04/12/2010 : 21:55:37
I looked into fans, and its just not worth the time, effort and money, if your mat is statted then the chances of getting an AIR TEMPERATURE higher than 28 degrees are slim to absolutely none. A fan wouldn't cool a mat, just stat it and let it do the job.

If you want to put a fan in for humidity control etc then get to maplin, buy a computer CPU fan and rig it yourself with a 9 volt battery and manually switch it on and off. Buying a fan and battery case will set you back a tenner at the most.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000