New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

connorg96
Egg

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  21:28:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if i bought a mini fan (exo terra) and a double mat stat would i be able to do it so that if the temp went over 28 the fan would come on?

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  21:55:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looked into fans, and its just not worth the time, effort and money, if your mat is statted then the chances of getting an AIR TEMPERATURE higher than 28 degrees are slim to absolutely none. A fan wouldn't cool a mat, just stat it and let it do the job.

If you want to put a fan in for humidity control etc then get to maplin, buy a computer CPU fan and rig it yourself with a 9 volt battery and manually switch it on and off. Buying a fan and battery case will set you back a tenner at the most.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  22:06:17  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mat stats work the wrong way around to provide cooling, you'll need one that switches power on (instead of off) when the temperature gets too high.

I looked into these when I was planning a big iguana enclosure, I'll see if I can find a link for you.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

connorg96
Egg

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  22:10:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  22:22:38  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Some greenhouse heater stats are good for that.
I'm gonna pilfer the one out of my greenhouse if the need ever arises.
It's designed to automatically open the 2 hopper windows and the slatted one if the heat gets above a set temperature, so could easily be rigged to power a couple of fans instead of opening the windows.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000