The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 LED light strips

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ozziesmum Posted - 16/02/2011 : 19:34:21
Hi

I've had 2 300mm blue LED lighting set ups made and was just wondering as these are solid strips so are not in the clear flexible piping do I have to encapsulate them in for eg. a clear acrylic tube or are they safe to use as they are.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ozziesmum Posted - 17/02/2011 : 11:32:01
Hi a33272 yes they are 12v and I shall completely seal the whole strip. Thank you.
a33272 Posted - 17/02/2011 : 11:15:23
im guessing ya running 12v ones??? which wont give a shock anyway, but if it was me an there was bear circuits an wires in seal it all up with aquarium sealer
ozziesmum Posted - 17/02/2011 : 10:20:34
Morning, mine are for viewing purposes only as well, I had a set running all day at work just to check the temps and they didn't even reach the heat mat temps so no worries there. They will be fitted very securely flush with the roof of the vivs so no gaps for the little one to wriggle through, my concern is where the 2 soldered wires are that attach the female end of the jack socket to the printed circuit holding the LED's, if Mr & Mrs inquisitive happen to lick the wires or any part of the printed circuit will they get a shock. I felt all along the length of the strips while they were switched on including where the 2 wires are soldered with damp hands and certainly didn't get a shock. I think just to be on the absolute safe side I will seal them off in acrylic tubing just for my peace of mind.
Kehhlyr Posted - 17/02/2011 : 01:49:39
I'd say it totally depends on how easy they could break.
When a corn finds them and decides to climb on them, will they give a bit or will they break??
n/a Posted - 16/02/2011 : 22:46:56
I've no idea, i've got mini LED night lights fixed into roof of Viv, so no parts etc actually inside where me babies can get near.

(for viewing purposes only - no heat generated at all from my temp checking)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000