LED light strips
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  19:34:21  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi

I've had 2 300mm blue LED lighting set ups made and was just wondering as these are solid strips so are not in the clear flexible piping do I have to encapsulate them in for eg. a clear acrylic tube or are they safe to use as they are.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.

n/a
deleted

288 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2011 :  22:46:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've no idea, i've got mini LED night lights fixed into roof of Viv, so no parts etc actually inside where me babies can get near.

(for viewing purposes only - no heat generated at all from my temp checking)

Edited by - n/a on 16/02/2011 22:59:32
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2011 :  01:49:39  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'd say it totally depends on how easy they could break.
When a corn finds them and decides to climb on them, will they give a bit or will they break??

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2011 :  10:20:34  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Morning, mine are for viewing purposes only as well, I had a set running all day at work just to check the temps and they didn't even reach the heat mat temps so no worries there. They will be fitted very securely flush with the roof of the vivs so no gaps for the little one to wriggle through, my concern is where the 2 soldered wires are that attach the female end of the jack socket to the printed circuit holding the LED's, if Mr & Mrs inquisitive happen to lick the wires or any part of the printed circuit will they get a shock. I felt all along the length of the strips while they were switched on including where the 2 wires are soldered with damp hands and certainly didn't get a shock. I think just to be on the absolute safe side I will seal them off in acrylic tubing just for my peace of mind.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2011 :  11:15:23  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
im guessing ya running 12v ones??? which wont give a shock anyway, but if it was me an there was bear circuits an wires in seal it all up with aquarium sealer

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2011 :  11:32:01  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi a33272 yes they are 12v and I shall completely seal the whole strip. Thank you.

Jane.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000