The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Overcame a phobia today :-)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
paulie78 Posted - 16/12/2012 : 19:08:19
Hey all ive always been an Aracnophobe however ive been saying forever that ive been inspired by my snake phobic friends whove overcome their phobias here with my lot to the point where i felt i really ought to "Man up" and face my own fear of spiders lol but up till now ive always found one reason or another to not do it but today my friend invited me over to check out his new reptile room twas ace i had cuddles with cresties an ATB a baby bosc aaaaand "Fanny" my friends Chile rose omg i was terrified!!! but sooo glad i did it im actually kinda smitten now haha

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Auld Baldy Posted - 20/12/2012 : 14:38:22
I caught a reasonably sized housie and put it in a spare tub, just for a close up look at it. As it had behaved itself I gave it a small cricket. The cricket proceeded to chase it around the tub. So much for the 8 legged monster of nightmares.

Housies just want to get away from you as quickly as they can.
paulie78 Posted - 20/12/2012 : 09:55:12
quote:
Originally posted by paulie78

quote:
Originally posted by Katie.Dublin

Do you think now though that you could grab a house spider and throw it outside?? Cause I wouldn't put myself through the absolute trauma of holding one of them THINGS if it wasn't gonna cure me lol

Funnily enough hell no house spiders still freak me out haha

paulie78 Posted - 20/12/2012 : 09:53:59
quote:

Do you think now though that you could grab a house spider and throw it outside?? Cause I wouldn't put myself through the absolute trauma of holding one of them THINGS if it wasn't gonna cure me lol

Funnily ewough hell no house spiders still freak me out haha
Katie.Dublin Posted - 20/12/2012 : 00:26:23
paulie78 Posted - 20/12/2012 : 00:09:08
quote:

Can't, Shalln't ,won't!!!!!!!!! Couldn't, Wouldn't, Shouldn't!!!!! I really think it'd just kill me. Stone dead! My brain would literally explode with fear.

Lol i can relate that look on my face in the pic inst fear nooo its pain from clenching my but muscles to prevent me filling my pants lol i really felt i had to do it as so many friends and family had overcome snake phobias since ive been keeping them and now its one less thing to be scared off

Thanks to everyone for commenting it was a reaaaally big deal for me first time id held a spider of any description lol
Isoldael Posted - 20/12/2012 : 00:05:22
Wow, I'm in awe of you. I personally have no phobias, so I can't even imagine what it's like to have one let alone face one. Bravo!!
Katie.Dublin Posted - 19/12/2012 : 23:25:49
Can't, Shalln't ,won't!!!!!!!!! Couldn't, Wouldn't, Shouldn't!!!!! I really think it'd just kill me. Stone dead! My brain would literally explode with fear.
Auld Baldy Posted - 18/12/2012 : 20:06:54
Katie, I didn't think you would give up that easily. C'mon girl! Get back in the saddle and hug-a-spidey.
Katie.Dublin Posted - 18/12/2012 : 19:58:39
Well after me posting starting a thread about overcoming my fear, and everybody on here giving me ideas and advice...nothing happened!! I still run a mile when i see the critters!!! So respect and congrats to you for holding that monster!!!!
Razee Posted - 18/12/2012 : 19:16:50
Nooo, stomping on it would have meant touching it, even if through the shoe .
Only joking I wouldn't have wanted to hurt the spider, even if I'm scared.
Mort13 Posted - 18/12/2012 : 17:55:52
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Pmsl! I'm exactly the same,and I've got one! Doesn't help that she's become a nowty little sod with an obsession for her water bowl (had to play tug of war over it more than once)

Still waing on that video.....
Razee at least you didnt stamp on it in your terror!

Lmao! Till I can get someone to do it for me it won't be happening,my spare hand is always poised to grab the lid!
scottishbluebird Posted - 18/12/2012 : 16:20:59
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Pmsl! I'm exactly the same,and I've got one! Doesn't help that she's become a nowty little sod with an obsession for her water bowl (had to play tug of war over it more than once)

Still waing on that video.....
Razee at least you didnt stamp on it in your terror!
Mort13 Posted - 18/12/2012 : 14:27:15
Lixra Posted - 18/12/2012 : 12:12:37
I applaud your courage Paulie, however I do not think there is any hope for me

I've held a tarantula twice, once in 2006 at the Daytona Expo (someone bet me $50 I wouldn't, how could I say no?) and once a couple years ago. I even had a tarantula living in my house for over a year, and that didn't help either haha... but for some reason, big hairy ugly tarantulas don't scare me as much as the smaller house spiders do. If I see one of them I usually start screaming, collapse in a corner and mumble out my last rites to myself. I know, I'm hopeless

Disclaimer: I know I've referred to tarantulas as "big hairy and ugly" in this post. And I'm sure there are some arachnid owners reading this who think they make lovely pets and love theirs unconditionally. And that's your thing, and I accept that. This is my opinion, and I only believe they are spawns of Satan particularly because of the fact that I come near to having an Aortic-Arch Aneurysm every time I see one. Have a glorious day
AcidicAngel Posted - 18/12/2012 : 12:00:45
You know Paulie, you've inspired me. I'm not an Arachnophobe(apart from the funny ones with tiny bodies and long skinny legs...) but after being bitten by a "tame" Mexican Red Knee a few years back I haven't held a Tarantula since. You've made me want to hold one now, just as well as my partner is planning on getting one lol.
Thank you for posting this Shows not all T's will bite.
Razee Posted - 18/12/2012 : 11:32:29
To Paulie and Mort:

The lady in the shop offered to let me hold her own tarantula, but I didn't trust myself not to freak out and chuck it and hurt it by accident.
The molt was double scary, as it was a small one, looking exactly like a huge house spider ( and they are the worst, much, much worse than tarantulas )

But, thanks to this forum, I only backed off a couple of steps when this HUGE ENORMOUS tarantula in another shop got out on the floor during cleaning, and run towards me... normally I'd have run out of the room!
paulie78 Posted - 18/12/2012 : 10:42:20
Yeh he was soooooo cute mate i was immediately in love and cute as he is i know hes gonan grow up to be a big stroppy monster lol and potentially quite dangerous so its something to maybe consider later when i have no fluffy pets anymore maybe
scottishbluebird Posted - 18/12/2012 : 00:55:12
Sooooooooo gorgeous, it might have fitted in your pocket....lol .like you would have a bosc if was diddy
paulie78 Posted - 18/12/2012 : 00:19:32
hehe Mort i am tempted to take a leaf outta your book and buy one now lol bluebird just for u heres a piccy omg i was smitten i wanted to steal him lmao sooo adorable if only they didnt get soo big :-(

Mort13 Posted - 17/12/2012 : 23:17:17
Whoop! Wel done!
I'm with you on the spider moult thing,I totally freaked over Rubys lol (I cried). I'm fine with it now however so kind of getting there in a 2 steps forward,1 step back kind of way

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000