The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 bathing temp

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
conormclaren Posted - 12/07/2013 : 18:06:54
hello there i was just wondering how hot or cold the water in the water bowl should be for my snake to sit in ?? :)
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Donnie Posted - 13/07/2013 : 11:57:23
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

Um... if you mean for actually bathing your snake (as per title) rather than just drinking then it should be tepid - it's best to use a digital thermometer as it's very difficult for us to tell what is OK - what feels tepid to us may be too hot for the snake. Should be max 28 degrees C, I would aim for 26-28 :)

Very good point, for some reason I was thinking water bowl = drinking water and didn't really take notice of the title. If I was to bathe a snake I would take the temperature of the snake using an IR thermometer and then make the water the same temp. If I didn't have an IR thermometer then I would do as smart bunny said.
smart bunny Posted - 13/07/2013 : 09:53:17
Um... if you mean for actually bathing your snake (as per title) rather than just drinking then it should be tepid - it's best to use a digital thermometer as it's very difficult for us to tell what is OK - what feels tepid to us may be too hot for the snake. Should be max 28 degrees C, I would aim for 26-28 :)
Donnie Posted - 12/07/2013 : 23:19:39
whatever temperature it comes out of the tap at
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 12/07/2013 : 22:49:53
If you keep it in the cool end, he should be fine :)
ScalySituation Posted - 12/07/2013 : 18:08:23
it should be in the cool end of the enclosure so the water isn't too warm for him to drink, but if the snake is in shed you may want to reposition it on/near the heat mat :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000