bathing temp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

conormclaren
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2013 :  18:06:54  Show Profile  Visit conormclaren's Homepage  Send conormclaren a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hello there i was just wondering how hot or cold the water in the water bowl should be for my snake to sit in ?? :)

1 ghost corn snake

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2013 :  18:08:23  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it should be in the cool end of the enclosure so the water isn't too warm for him to drink, but if the snake is in shed you may want to reposition it on/near the heat mat :)

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

ScaryVonHayleystine
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1773 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2013 :  22:49:53  Show Profile  Visit ScaryVonHayleystine's Homepage  Click to see ScaryVonHayleystine's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you keep it in the cool end, he should be fine :)

Albino Addiction ... <3
0.1.0 - Creamsicle Cornsnake (Mo)
1.0.0 - Bubblegum Snow Corn (Gabriel)
1.0.0 - Lavendar 100% Het Hypo Corn (Ezra)
1.0.0 - Bairds Rat Snake (Lazarus)
0.0.1 - Crested Gecko (Pan)
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2013 :  23:19:39  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
whatever temperature it comes out of the tap at

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2013 :  09:53:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Um... if you mean for actually bathing your snake (as per title) rather than just drinking then it should be tepid - it's best to use a digital thermometer as it's very difficult for us to tell what is OK - what feels tepid to us may be too hot for the snake. Should be max 28 degrees C, I would aim for 26-28 :)

Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2013 :  11:57:23  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

Um... if you mean for actually bathing your snake (as per title) rather than just drinking then it should be tepid - it's best to use a digital thermometer as it's very difficult for us to tell what is OK - what feels tepid to us may be too hot for the snake. Should be max 28 degrees C, I would aim for 26-28 :)

Very good point, for some reason I was thinking water bowl = drinking water and didn't really take notice of the title. If I was to bathe a snake I would take the temperature of the snake using an IR thermometer and then make the water the same temp. If I didn't have an IR thermometer then I would do as smart bunny said.

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000