The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 My poor baby

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pauline Posted - 17/02/2015 : 22:12:22
Don't know where I should post this but my baby corn died today, I am absolutely devastated. I have only had her 7 weeks and only managed to get her to eat once in that whole time.

I have been lurking on this forum constantly to get ideas on how to help her but just didn't have the experience to save her.

I feel like such a failure, she really looked ok last night and was gone when I got home from work tonight.

:(
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wheels Posted - 19/02/2015 : 15:54:37
Sorry to hear you lost your snake. It is difficult when starting out to know what to ask - even after doing loads of research....especially when you see one that calls to you.

At least you know she had 7 weeks of love and that you did your best. And I'm sure she knew it too.
Kellog Posted - 19/02/2015 : 07:56:29
it happens quite often that people buy snakes without realising the importance of records so please don't feel guilty about that. It's lovely that you fell for her the way you did.

Getting a slightly older snake sounds like a good idea. I think if you were to get a little one again you'd be very paranoid about its feeding, unsurprisingky, and they do pick up on our emotions. I started off with an adult and learnt so much from him. Please don't hesitate to ask questions to help you learn more. It's what we're here for.

Xxx
Donnie Posted - 18/02/2015 : 18:23:32
Sorry to hear of your loss
Pauline Posted - 18/02/2015 : 12:42:52
Thanks, I never got feeding records which I now know is an absolute warning sign! I was careless and didn't ask enough questions, I just fell in love with her and took a risk when I should have been more thorough.

I think next time I will look for a slightly older snake and definitely ask for more information, records etc.
Kellog Posted - 18/02/2015 : 08:30:44
I'm so sorry that you've lost Comet . Its probably useless me saying this but please don't beat yourself up about it. As Razee has said, there are some babies that just don't thrive. I'm not sure where you got her from but were you given feeding records?

I haven't lost any of mine yet and I'm dreading it. I do hope you've got people around you who realise that Comet wasn't 'just a snake'.

Xxx
Razee Posted - 18/02/2015 : 07:46:07
So sorry to hear that... but don't beat yourself up. There are some babies that just never start eating properly, and in the end don't make it, perhaps because there's something wrong inside.... Even the most experienced breeders loose some babies. She may have been ill - quite often, snakes don't show any signs, until it's too late.

Don't let it put you off. xx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000