The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Snake related D.I.Y
 How to secure to glass by Mnementh

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Blackecho Posted - 16/11/2009 : 15:48:45
Heya .

After reading a post by "codge" about securing your cables in a glass vivarium , it got me thinking .

There are big no no's on cellotape , Duct tape , anything with a sticky surface , including sticky pads .

Once your snake gets stuck to any of these it is a long slow and possibly painful process to remove , which could include your snake losing scales .

Okay , my solution was to use suction cups , these cups can be found on most fake plastic plants for your vivarium , especially those that hang , larger varieties have more than one so there's a spare right there . These cups have a ready made hole where the plant was attached

Here is a step by step guide in picture form .

First your plant and suction cup .

Suction cup and garden plant tie .

Bothe pieces attached .

Finally , stuck to the glass .

The last pic is showing an Hairdryer 3 core cable with plug dangling , that's a fair bit of weight , yours will have nowhere near that weight . And as of this moment it is still secured to the glass , so it is very strong .

Also I used garden ties in the picture , you could use anything , string , garden twine etc , up to you .

Hope this helps .
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lee2308 Posted - 17/11/2009 : 10:21:50
superglue can crack glass panes.As i learnt when i glue my mirror on my windscreen
Tizzy Posted - 16/11/2009 : 17:51:18
Suction Cups are great on glass viv but i find they don't stick on the wooden ones too well I just poke the stem of plants through the botton of the vents, works pretty well and i can still get them out for easy cleaning.
Blackecho Posted - 16/11/2009 : 15:53:52
Alternatives are Super Glue or Silicon Sealant to secure to the viv, but these would have to be done before the snake moves in to allow the fumes to dissipate.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000