How to secure to glass by Mnementh
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  15:48:45  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Heya .

After reading a post by "codge" about securing your cables in a glass vivarium , it got me thinking .

There are big no no's on cellotape , Duct tape , anything with a sticky surface , including sticky pads .

Once your snake gets stuck to any of these it is a long slow and possibly painful process to remove , which could include your snake losing scales .

Okay , my solution was to use suction cups , these cups can be found on most fake plastic plants for your vivarium , especially those that hang , larger varieties have more than one so there's a spare right there . These cups have a ready made hole where the plant was attached

Here is a step by step guide in picture form .

First your plant and suction cup .

Suction cup and garden plant tie .

Bothe pieces attached .

Finally , stuck to the glass .

The last pic is showing an Hairdryer 3 core cable with plug dangling , that's a fair bit of weight , yours will have nowhere near that weight . And as of this moment it is still secured to the glass , so it is very strong .

Also I used garden ties in the picture , you could use anything , string , garden twine etc , up to you .

Hope this helps .

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  15:53:52  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Alternatives are Super Glue or Silicon Sealant to secure to the viv, but these would have to be done before the snake moves in to allow the fumes to dissipate.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2009 :  17:51:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Suction Cups are great on glass viv but i find they don't stick on the wooden ones too well I just poke the stem of plants through the botton of the vents, works pretty well and i can still get them out for easy cleaning.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2009 :  10:21:50  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
superglue can crack glass panes.As i learnt when i glue my mirror on my windscreen

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000